John A. Russell Tab

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Jim Eller

John A. Russell Tab

Post by Jim Eller »

If you haven't tried John's tab(in this section) give it a try. I have learned some new ways to do old stuff from John's tab.

Send him a PM. He is really quick to respond.

JimE
Gary Cooper

John

Post by Gary Cooper »

John is a very brillant man with a real gift.
GFI Ultra SD-10; Nashville 112; Hilton pedal, George L Cables; Pearse bar; Live Stings;Walker seat by Billy Knowles.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

He's an accomplished song writer also! :D
Bill Thomin

Post by Bill Thomin »

John's tabs are fantastic.
Gary Cooper

John

Post by Gary Cooper »

John is also a GREAT steel guitarist.
GFI Ultra SD-10; Nashville 112; Hilton pedal, George L Cables; Pearse bar; Live Stings;Walker seat by Billy Knowles.
John A. Russell

I Gained

Post by John A. Russell »

Thank youu all for such fine comments.
I feel I have gained so much from publishing tab.
I have met so many steelers via email, that I would not have met, if not for this great Forum.
I have been very fortunate in having friends in the music business. Having spent a lot of time with David Hartley in 2007-2011, I learned so much and know how frustrating the P.S.G. can be for beginners and for us all.
I have been so pleased to have helped so many people, knowing that I am not much more than a novice of the psg myself.
I am working on "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and will offer it to anyone who wants it.
Thank you all for your friendship It means so much to me.

J.R.
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
John Ely

"How's the World Treating You" arrangement

Post by John Ely »

John, thanks for sending me the tab to "How's the World Treating You".
I particularly like the BC pedal work you do in this arrangement; it sounds great, and it just so happened that I've been trying to work on that myself lately.
Thanks again; it's an excellent arrangement.
John
John Ely (but I'm not THE John Ely who played with Asleep at the Wheel).
Michael Greer

Post by Michael Greer »

John

Thanks very much for the excellent tabs.

Your generosity is greatly appreciated
Keith McConnell

Tabs

Post by Keith McConnell »

John's tabs are very good. He shows different ways to play some of the old stuff.
Thanks for what you do John.
.....Keith
Glenn Dodd

Re: I Love You Because,Gary Carter

Post by Glenn Dodd »

John,

Thank you very much for emailing me your wonderful TAB arrangement for “I Love You Because”. I’ve always loved this song and have been looking for an arrangement of it for Pedal Steel for quite some time. Your arrangement is excellent and very professionally transcribed.

All the best,
Glenn Dodd
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Another two thumbs up for John and his tab. He's very meticulous, has a great ear for transcribing, and his tab is extremely well done. He puts a lot of time into making sure everything is as accurate as possible. And he's a great friend! Thanks for all of your Forum contributions, John :)
Robert Parent

Post by Robert Parent »

I too appreciated the tab that John has compiled and sent to fellow members, very nice job!!

Robert
Bill Pleasant

Post by Bill Pleasant »

Thanks John for your tab work, it's right on the money! And speaking of money, we sure can't complain about the price. Thanks again, and I look forward to the next one.
Charlie Hansen

Post by Charlie Hansen »

I have several of John's tabs and they are very well done. They are certainly a challenge for me but he makes it user friendly. I don't have a great deal of experience on PSG but I'm learning and John's tabs are a great help and a wonderful learning tool.
Dan Werner

John Russell tabs

Post by Dan Werner »

I just reviewed your tab. Nice stuff in there. A person can always pick up new ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Rondall Jones

Post by Rondall Jones »

John, Thank you so much for taking time to tab all of these songs and send them out to everyone. They are a world of help to all of us beginners .....Great songs too.
Fessenden SD-10
Fender Cyber Deluxe
Fender 1978 Telecaster Custom
Russ

Tab

Post by Russ »

Yes John's Tab is the Best Very Easy to Understand
Terry Hickey

Post by Terry Hickey »

John, Thank you so much for your efforts and sending the tab so quickly. We have a great forum...

Take care Terry
Craig McEwan

Post by Craig McEwan »

Hi John,
Thank you for sending the tab through. I'm looking forward to getting started. Craig :D
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

Thanks John!! :)
Jim Reynolds

Post by Jim Reynolds »

What would we do without guys like John and Erv. They have really been my meteor. Thanks guys.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.
Alan Bidmade

Post by Alan Bidmade »

John's latest ' Sing Me Back Home' is a real tour de force, being a tab of David Hartley's version. Fantastic and real food for thought. There's much learning to be found in John's tabs and they are always beautifully presented. Thank you John for all you do for the beginner/imtermediate pedal steel player.
Ben-Rom #017 'Lorelei', Guild D25, Epiphone 'Joe Pass', Roland 40XL, Hilton VP

First name Alan, but known as Nick
Alan Judson

Post by Alan Judson »

Thanks Buddy - good job
Jim Reynolds

Post by Jim Reynolds »

I don't know how he has time to do all this. Plays, answers e-mails, sends out tabs, make tabs, works a job, plays music. There isn't enough time in a day for all this. Here's to him. Great love for the pedal steel.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.
Chris Doherty

Tabs from John

Post by Chris Doherty »

A few week ago I received tabs from John they are very very good. So good in fact that I got so engrossed in them I forgot to say Thanks ( Sorry John ) I know tabbing out a full song takes a long time and to do and to do it so well should be acknowledged
Thanks John