Who plays thru Fender Steel King

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Leon Eneboe

Who plays thru Fender Steel King

Post by Leon Eneboe »

Who owns and plays thru the new Fender Steel King amp? How does it compare with the Peavey line.
Gaylon Mathews

Post by Gaylon Mathews »

I own two Steel Kings and I love'em. The only way I can describe it to you is that the Steel King has more punch to it. The note seperation is better to me than my Nashville 400. Others may be able to explain it a little better than that but that's my 2 cents worth. I still own two Nashville 400's and will never part with them as I still love the sound of them as well but the Steel King just kicks butt.

------------------
Gaylon's Homepage
www.geocities.com/nashville/1064

Gretchen Wilson
www.gretchenwilson.com

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gaylon Mathews on 26 February 2005 at 07:56 PM.]</p></FONT>
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

It has a sound and presence all it's own. It does not sound like a PV or a Webb or an Evans. If you are looking to get away from the others and branch out this is the way to go.

Larry Behm
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

Im with you fellers! I just love the sound of my Steelking. Good string seperation and power to spare.I also like the sound of its six spring Actutronics reverb better than most that I have ever heard.Yes it has its own unique sound. Not gonna get into a better or worse than....Just a sound all its own.PV,s and Evans and the rest are fine amps as well, like the others said, these are just different.What a boring world it would be if we all liked vannila! Image

------------------
Sho-Bud ProII, Pro III custom,
Fender Steelking,Hilton pedal,Tut Taylor "Virginian"

Tony Palmer

Post by Tony Palmer »

Yup, exactly the same comments from me.
It has its own sound (Fender?!) and I agree it seems to allow for greater "string seperation", if that's even possible!
I brought it to our last RISGA meeting (www.risga.com) and the other players were very favorably impressed.
Paul Warnik

Post by Paul Warnik »

Love my F.S.K.! It even gives my Evans FET500LV with 1501 PV Black Widow a run for the money <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by PAUL WARNIK on 28 February 2005 at 11:31 AM.]</p></FONT>