Fred Justice's latest

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Reece

Fred Justice's latest

Post by Terry Reece »

I'm the proud owner of Fred's latest and was lucky to be in AZ to pick it up and have Fred show me how to play....I told him that was a good as that steel was ever going to sound. What a great guy to do business with in every way.
Thanks Fred
Now to the woodshed;
Terry Reece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIL3hNwryZQ[/url][/url]
Last edited by Terry Reece on 28 Nov 2016 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dan Robinson

Post by Dan Robinson »

Congrats, Terry!

You won't encounter any turbulence with that ProLite! Nice of Fred to put some licks into it. Should give you a headwind for takeoff.

Welcome to the madness. "It's a nice little hobby."
Allan Haley

Post by Allan Haley »

Congrats. My Justice S10 arrived a few weeks ago. Very happy with it. A great-sounding, responsive instrument.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Pictures??
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Justice S-10D

Post by Billy Carr »

Very nice guitar.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

That is a beautiful steel for sure ! Congratulations, you wont be disappointed in any way with this steel. Fred is a great player and builder of steel guitars.
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Jason King

Post by Jason King »

Eye candy indeed!congrats.
Marlin Gengenbach

Fred

Post by Marlin Gengenbach »

Very unique color combo! Nice!
...and Fred does make a steel sound great!
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Fred builds great pedal steel guitars! ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Joe Naylor

Steelseat

Post by Joe Naylor »

And a steelseat to match :D

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Terry you have a beautiful new guitar there... and you play it like you’ve been doing it a long long time too... very nice
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Terry Reece

My new Steel

Post by Terry Reece »

Dale, thanks for the comment, however that was Fred Justice making the thing sing...I"m still in the cat fighting mode, but have hopes....
Fred is the greatest....Everyone I have dealt with or been in contact on this forum, has been more than helpful and welcoming. Makes you believe there are a lot of good folks out in this old world. Tip of the hat to Dave at Telonics and Roy Naylor...

Great products...

Terry
Joe Naylor

😀

Post by Joe Naylor »

😀 Roy Naylor was a great man and my Grandpa. 😀
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Jack Hanson

Re: My new Steel

Post by Jack Hanson »

Terry Reece wrote:Fred is the greatest....Tip of the hat to Dave at Telonics and Roy Naylor...
Is there something in the water (or lack of it) in Arizona?
Terry Reece

Joe Naylor

Post by Terry Reece »

Sorry Joe,
just one of my usual senior moments...Love the seat....may have been something in my water when I replied to the post.

Terry :D :D
Joe Naylor

😀

Post by Joe Naylor »

:D
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Beautiful guitar made by one of my best pals, and stand up guy...Fred Justice. Enjoy your new guitar Terry.
Bruce Bjork

Post by Bruce Bjork »

Placed my order for a Pro Lite a week ago, can't wait until it shows up early May. Fred's a great guy to deal with.
Banjo, Dobro, Guild D-40, Telecaster, Justice Pro Lite 3x5, BOSS Katana 100, Peavey Nashville 112 in a Tommy Huff cabinet, Spark, FreeLoader, Baby Bloomer, Peterson StroboPlus HD, Stage One VP.
"Use the talents you possess; the woods would be very silent indeed if no birds sang but the best"
Bruce Bishop

Post by Bruce Bishop »

Nice Guitar Terry,

Could you not get it in red ? LoL.
dlayne

Pro Lite

Post by dlayne »

SWEET!!!! and the Telonics amp has got to be nice with that Axe!!
Dan Layne
Terry Reece

Fred is just great to work with

Post by Terry Reece »

You won't be disappointed!!
Jeff Triplett

Post by Jeff Triplett »

Congratulations Terry, great steel. I know you'll enjoy playing it.
Show Pro Custom D-10, Justice D10 - Weldon Myrick Edition, Emmons D-10 LeGrande II, Emmons D10 P/P, Sho-Bud Pro II Custom, Telonics and Quilter Amps.
Dan Chambers

Post by Dan Chambers »

With all the doodah going on in the world, dealing with Fred is a breath of fresh air! I bought a ProLite from him at the Dallas show and it continues to be one of the best Steel Guitars I've been fortunate enough to own!
Justice Pro Lite 3x5. Emmons D10 PP 8x5, Peavey Session & Nashville 400s,Martin D-28, Taylor 510, Eastman E20P, Weber Gallatin Mandolin, OMI D40 squareneck Dobro