1964 Fender Vibroverb very nice one (2nd owner) PLEASE CLOSE

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
John Kally

Post by John Kally »

REVISED as the power transformer is 7 years newer than the amp although correct Fender part (see description). I hadn't looked down there for awhile so managed to forget that. I have added new pictures and some additional information.
I bought this years ago from the original owner, who had retired from playing back in the early 1970s and had buried this in storage for decades. I got it when he was downsizing to move into a retirement community. Unfortunately he had tossed the original JBL (there was an old Altec in there when I got it) so I had to find another D130F to put in there and it sounds great. I have had some servicing done, including filter and some other caps and also I had to have some screen grid resistors replaced as well as the power tube sockets (ceramics) as I had to have that serviced after it blew a tube. Working properly now. Power tubes are recent JJs, preamps are a mix of older and modern tubes. Power cord is replaced with a long grey three prong. It does have the original foot switch. One snag on the grille, some roughness at the amp exterior corners.I added a pic of the worst corner. Also, it had some furniture style casters on the bottom which were removed; those had plates with four small screws on each (not the popout style) and there is a picture of one of the spots where this was removed. Previous owner told me that in SF he used to roll the amp for blocks sometimes due to the awful parking in the city. Reverb and tremelo are working; the reverb seems a little weak but that might be due to the age of the reverb pan. I actually had two of these (reverb sounded the same on both) but sold the other recently and now it's time for this one to find a new home. "NI" (September 1964) date code and all transformers are from 1964 EXCEPT THE POWER TRANSFORMER IS A 1971 Fender but has the correct part number (that was done before I got it, and considering that the previous owner retired the amp in the early 70s that does make sense) . Output transformer date 606-409, choke 606-4-13, reverb 606-3-12. Power transformer is 606-1-25 with part number J022798. No drilled holes, no modifications. I'm asking $2750 which doesn't seem out of line. Paypal is probably easiest for payment but if you have other preferences let me know. Shipping will be around $80 in the CONUS and it would be best if I put the speaker in a separate box from the amp. You can email jkally3ATgmailDOTcom or PM and I'll get back to you. Probably I can get the "guts" pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited by John Kally on 20 Nov 2016 11:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

That is a real beauty John !!
John Goux

Post by John Goux »

Beautiful.
I'd like to hear from players, if this BF amp, 2 6L6s with a 15" JBL, has enough headroom for pedal steel with a band.
John
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

PM (from a fellow harp player) sent!
Tom Wolverton

Nice amp

Post by Tom Wolverton »

I play PSG thru a Vibroverb clone with a Telonics 15" neo speaker. It is probably my best sounding steel amp. I love it. However on a loud stage, it starts to breakup. It is best used on a loud stage with it mic'ed up.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
John Kally

1964 Fender Vibroverb very nice one (2nd owner) for sale

Post by John Kally »

Bump for the extra pictures and added description. Amp is of course still available. Not really looking for trades right now.
John Kally

1964 Fender Vibroverb very nice one (2nd owner) for sale

Post by John Kally »

ON Hold pending payment.
John Kally

Post by John Kally »

Sold to a list member. Donation coming shortly. Thanks!