low cost push pull by Promat ...PICTURES AND VIDEO ADDED

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

After adding shipping cost, insurance and customs taxes it will nort be cheap. It will be easily around $3000. Just think what you could get here in the USA for $3000. It's not really feasible nor practical.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Brian Henry wrote:After adding shipping cost, insurance and customs taxes it will nort be cheap. It will be easily around $3000. Just think what you could get here in the USA for $3000. It's not really feasible nor practical.
Brian, then you go get something else for $3000 ..not a big deal, really
J Hollenberg

Post by J Hollenberg »

Brian Henry wrote:After adding shipping cost, insurance and customs taxes it will nort be cheap. It will be easily around $3000. Just think what you could get here in the USA for $3000. It's not really feasible nor practical.
We have this for years here in Europe when we would buy a steelguitar or amp or strings or a volumepedal etc.In 1993 I wanted a Emmons steelguitar and they only could be bought in the USA.And yes there were shipping costs, insurance and taxes.But if you really want one it doesn't matter.The same is it when someone in the USA really wants a Promat.
Sjaak Hollenberg
Emmons Lashley LeGrande SD10 from 1993
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

J Hollenberg wrote:
We have this for years here in Europe when we would buy a steelguitar or amp or strings or a volumepedal etc.In 1993 I wanted a Emmons steelguitar and they only could be bought in the USA.And yes there were shipping costs, insurance and taxes.But if you really want one it doesn't matter.The same is it when someone in the USA really wants a Promat.
that's right, I remember when I was back in Europe it was a pain to get anything from strings and LP's to steel guitars...that's why I don't mind shipping to Europe, and I would help as much as I can so European player would get the guitar he wants...
Derrick Unger

Clarification

Post by Derrick Unger »

Damir...I did not read all posts in this thread but in the first couple pages you refer to the stage one as I believe a "all Pull" guitar..They are I believe a pull and release changer as are the GFI SM10 models..whereas the GFI Encore is a "all pull" as is the GFI expo model..in short I believe there is a general $500 across the board difference between a steel with a "all pull" changer and a steel with a "pull Release" changer..What exactly would this new Steel be using for a changer?
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112
Damir Besic

Re: Clarification

Post by Damir Besic »

Derrick Unger wrote:Damir...I did not read all posts in this thread but in the first couple pages you refer to the stage one as I believe a "all Pull" guitar..They are I believe a pull and release changer as are the GFI SM10 models..whereas the GFI Encore is a "all pull" as is the GFI expo model..in short I believe there is a general $500 across the board difference between a steel with a "all pull" changer and a steel with a "pull Release" changer..What exactly would this new Steel be using for a changer?
Derrick, this is push pull guitar...changer, and mechanism is same as on pro models Promat, minus fancy metal inlays, polished end plates etc...great tone, little less "blink"
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

little video of the guitar testing before shipping... :D

https://youtu.be/Q8dv4tn6DQc

Steven Hicken Jr.

Post by Steven Hicken Jr. »

Great sound
25 year old wannabe.
2015 Show Pro
2020 Hudson Hudsonator (Pedabro)
202X *Insert new guitar here*

https://www.stevenhickenjr.com/
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Just read this post and to be honest...A good SD-10 all pull guitar goes for 3200 to 4000 depending on the finish. 3000 for a single neck push pull does not really sound out of the realm of possibility to me.
Last edited by mtulbert on 29 Sep 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

mtulbert wrote:Just read this post and to be honest...A good SD-10 all pull guitar goes for 3200 to 4000 depending on the finish. 3000 for a single neck push pull does not really sound of the realm of possibility to me.
where did you get $3000 from ?
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Steven Hicken wrote:Great sound
thank you my friend, this was recorded with a cheap camcorder, so tone of the guitar is actually much better live...
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Actually Damir I made a goof. What I meant to say that $3000 for a single neck push pull did not sound out of the realm of possibility for me. I was using Brian Henry's numbers.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

mtulbert wrote:Actually Damir I made a goof. What I meant to say that $3000 for a single neck push pull did not sound out of the realm of possibility for me. I was using Brian Henry's numbers.
Mark, my idea at first was to have a little S10 push pull that students and beginners could afford, my goal was around $1700 for the guitar plus shipping, to ship this to US from Europe would be around $200 I guess...so buyer should pay around $2000 for the brand new push pull shipped to his door...that would put that guitar in the price range with Mullen Discovery, and some other steel guitars of that type...we won't know exactly how much guitar will cost until I get first guitar here, then we will know the exact price...I am still hoping to see it around $2200-$2300 after all expenses... I would love for a new players to have a choice between all pull and push pull guitar when they start on steel guitars... same thing was when I first brought Promat to US, it gives an option to players who love push pull tone, to get a new push pull if they wish to do so... only option used to be an used Emmons , now you can order a brand new push pull if you want to...
Mirko Tomic

Post by Mirko Tomic »

Dear PSG friends,two weeks ago I visited Promat builder
Mr.Dusan Papic in Novi Sad.I was fortunate to try out,and make some kind of test of Narrow SE-10 PSG.As
all Promat guitars,this guitar,which is made for my dear friend Damir is very easy and comfortable for playing.Pedals are so soft,so you can very easy step on it without almost any resistance.Extremly easy for foot work.Also with the knee levers,easy move left or right.As for the tone,I must say it is very airy and also very warm.On these two links,I choose to play few bars of E.Clapton ballad "Wonderful tonight" so you can hear or assume about what kind of sound is all about.On the first take I play through Nashville 400,and on the other it was Le May preamp and Lexicon processor.Unfortunately these clips were made with cheap camera.In live situation this sound is fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8dv4tn6DQc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTteKqszy0M
http://www.promat-steel-guitars.com/
Martin Abend

Post by Martin Abend »

Interesting, so they are still in business? They never replied to my emails.
Mirko Tomic

Post by Mirko Tomic »

Martin,i just told with Mr.Dusan Papic,and he said to me that he didn*t receive your e-mails.You can try on his
next e-mail addres: psdule@gmail.com
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

ready for shipping :D

Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

ok, my new Promat SE10 is on its way, we know few things now, it takes 4-5 days to get here, and shipping is around $400 ... shipping weight of the guitar (boxed with the case) is around 50lbs ...
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

Too bad no 12 string steels .... This is FABULOUS that you have made this happen , and have folks getting a REAL P/P for just over 2 grand !!... The P/P tone has to be one of the most sought after tones in Pedal Steel history ....To have this tone in a NEW package is nothing short of amazing ....Thanks for making this happen ( even though I can't have a 12 string ) ....Sincerely,Jim
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

James, Promat makes a 12 string. But it's not available in the budget line..
Even if it disappeared from the website, I bet Dusan will make you one.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Chris Grigsby

Post by Chris Grigsby »

Damir Besic wrote:ok, my new Promat SE10 is on its way, we know few things now, it takes 4-5 days to get here, and shipping is around $400 ... shipping weight of the guitar (boxed with the case) is around 50lbs ...
Hard to believe, but we are coming up on a year since the thread was started! How long was the guitar in production? Is this a production model at a fixed price point now?

Thanks!
Chris
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

James, like Lane said, if you contact Mr. Papic directly , he will let you know, S12 can be ordered as a regular model, but Im not sure about economy models...Chris, these are custom built guitars, made by hand for each buyer, I believe delivery time should be less then 6 months, and price not over $2500, but for all details interested buyers should contact Promat directly... my guitar will be here this Monday, and I will take and post some pictures...
Chris Grigsby

Post by Chris Grigsby »

Thanks Damir, and congrats on your new steel! Look forward to more pics and videos!

Best,
Chris
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

Damir ,
Is this one yours ? ....It didn't get there that fast did it ? .....What a nice little gigging package ....Makes me wish I played a 10 string ...( not really ) LOL !!.....Jim