Fender Quad Reverb, mint (please close)

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Lefty

Fender Quad Reverb, mint (please close)

Post by Lefty »

This is an amplifier that I bought from a lawyer.
He had this an a fat head Les Paul that he had purchased from a music store a few blocks from his house in Buckhead. I don't think they ever left his house. I took it in and had it gone through, re-tubed, re-biased, black faced and had the input filter caps changed by Jeff Bakos. It sounds awesome, has the original speakers and stays clean to about 6 1/2 where you are about to blow the windows out. It has casters, but no cover. Original footswitch included. This is a believe a 1972, 100 watts through (4) 12 inch speakers. I saw Freddy King use one of these, as well as Waylon using two on the Outlaws tour. It just sits in my house though, and I am trying to downsize. Please email with any questions.
Too big to ship, for local sale or I will bring to the Georgia Steel Guitar Convention this Sunday (13th). 850.00 No trades. The stripe across the top is the Sun coming in.
regards,
Richard Born
Lefty

Last edited by Lefty on 17 Nov 2016 6:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
John Goux

Post by John Goux »

How much does it weigh?
J
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Just slightly more that a twin reverb. A little more cabinet and 2 twelve inch speakers.
Lefty
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Note: The Ampwares site lists the SF Twin Reverb @ 69 lbs and the Quad Reverb @ 89-3/4 lbs. I don't own either though, so I can't confirm that information.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

That sounds about right, but seems a little heavy for the Quad. My Twin Reverbs have JBL's, so it is hard to judge by comparison. Sorry, I don't have a scale to weigh these on either.
regards,
Lefty
(Richard Born)
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Lefty,
I think the JBLs would make the Twin weight just about the same so you are right. :D
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

Lefty, if you have a decent bathroom scale, you night just use that to weigh the amp. Steve t
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Steve,
I have two decent bathroom scales, but could not get an accurate reading for this or the Dekley for some reason. It had the Dekley at 33 lbs when it weighs 3 times that much (?).
I think I am going to list the Quad locally anyway. I have "no shipping" on the ad, and there does not appear to be any local guitarist on the forum interested. We are all too old and already have too much equipment.
Lefty
Jim Kennedy

Post by Jim Kennedy »

I have one of these, and my steel sounds pretty good through it. I haven't done it yet, but am planning to make a head-cabinet set up to reduce the weight issues. These are the same as a Twin with four 16 ohm spealers. This looks like a pretty good deal for a Twin style amp ready to play.
ShoBud Pro 1, 75 Tele, 85 Yamaha SA 2000, Fender Cybertwin,
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Yes, you could put it in a twin cabinet and have a 100 watt twin. It sounds awesome after my tech black-faced it and changed the tubes.
If I did the conversion, I would keep the original cabinet as it to change it back to original; just because that's the way I am.
regards,
Lefty
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

I have one in Rick Johnson split cabs, with a JBL 15. Great amp!
Dr. Z Surgical Steel amp, amazing!
"74 Bud S-10 3&6
'73 Bud S-10 3&5(under construction)
'63 Fingertip S-10, at James awaiting 6 knees
'57 Strat, LP Blue
'91 Tele with 60's Maple neck
Dozen more guitars!
Dozens of amps, but SF Quad reverb, Rick Johnson cabs. JBL 15, '64 Vibroverb for at home.
'52 and '56 Pro Amps
Lefty

Please Close

Post by Lefty »

No interest, Please close.
I am going to list this locally.
regards,
Richard Born
Lefty