Custom Replacement Pickup for Epiphone/Electar Steel

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Samuel Bilyeu

Custom Replacement Pickup for Epiphone/Electar Steel

Post by Samuel Bilyeu »

I realize this is a niche item, but what I have for sale is a replacement pickup for a vintage Epiphone lap steel. This should fit Model C, Century, Coronet, Zephyr models and possibly later (non-horseshoe) Model M steels. This pickup is a custom made version of a Vintage Vibe CC model pickup made by Pete Biltoft. This was made for a 6 string guitar, but will likely work for a 7 string model (due to the lack of pole pieces). The metal "blade" measures 70mm in length. This pickup cost me $125 plus shipping a few years ago. I am asking $60 (with free shipping). There is some residual adhesive on the underside of the pickup that should not affect the function of the pickup in any way. Pickup guaranteed to work.
Last edited by Samuel Bilyeu on 1 Nov 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

I ordered a Vintage Vibe blade pickup for my Fender Studio Deluxe (basically a Champ with a slightly thicker body to accept the leg sockets) and it sounds better than any Champ I've ever heard.

A great deal on a fine pickup.
Bill Sinclair

Post by Bill Sinclair »

Sending you a PM.
Chris Lucker

Post by Chris Lucker »

What alloy did you have used for the blade?
Chris Lucker
Red Bellies, Bigsbys and a lot of other guitars.
Samuel Bilyeu

Post by Samuel Bilyeu »

Not sure about the alloy. Had it made for me. He didn't fill me in on all of the details. It's his standard CC style pickup that was custom made to fit in the above models steels.