1979 Black EMMONS Push-Pull 8&5 [Stafford]

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Roger Guyett

1979 Black EMMONS Push-Pull 8&5 [Stafford]

Post by Roger Guyett »

This is a very nice condition Black Mica cut tail 1979 Emmons Push-Pull Guitar with 8 pedals and 5 knees. (Vertical on the left knee).

Originally restored and put together for me by PP guru Lynn Stafford. Very little use since the restoration and never gigged out.

It has the Kluson "Butterfly" style tuners and nice Thomas style case in good condition with leg bag.

I'll post the coped a bit later but its a pretty standard Emmons Coped. E9 neck has 5 knees, with Es on the left, C6 neck has 2 knees (A->Bb and C->B)
Only unusual (but very useful!) is a 1/2 stop on the RKL, taking the G# -> G on a 1/2 stop, then to the F#. That's a pretty rare feature on a PP - something you can do normally with "split" pedals on an all-pull guitar.

Plays really nice!
$3350 + shipping.

Last edited by Roger Guyett on 17 Nov 2016 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steven Morris

Post by Steven Morris »

:whoa: Very nice old Emmons. I recently acquired a 1970 Emmons S-10 push-pull from the guy that got me pointed in the right direction on Steel back in 1997. I have 4 others that are all-pull. This is my first push-pull and boy am I hooked. Great tone and built to last. Best of luck with your sale. S.Morris
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

With Lynn performing the refurbishing you'd essentially be purchasing a "new" PP. Lynn's work is impeccable to say the least! This is a great price.
Dave
Wayne Ledbetter

Cut Tail

Post by Wayne Ledbetter »

Does cut tail have something to do with the changer? It kind of implies the back end of guitar.
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Roger Guyett

Post by Roger Guyett »

Steven Morris wrote::whoa: Very nice old Emmons. I recently acquired a 1970 Emmons S-10 push-pull from the guy that got me pointed in the right direction on Steel back in 1997. I have 4 others that are all-pull. This is my first push-pull and boy am I hooked. Great tone and built to last. Best of luck with your sale. S.Morris
Thanks Steven.
Yes, once you've got the bug, theyre hard to beat....Ive still got one, just not doing as much gigging, so dont need a second guitar
Roger Guyett

Post by Roger Guyett »

David - Yes, Lynn does great work. He did a nice job on this guitar when I got it from him.

Wayne - you're correct, cut tail refers to the way the changer end of the guitar was put together. If you look at that first pic you can see the way the neck is cut out and goes around the changer. It was used for most of the production life of PP guitars - from around '68 til they went out of production in the 1980s. The first design is referred to as the "wraparound" (only on the first couple of years of production)...the second design used was the "bolt on", which was only used for a few years (1966-67?? something like that) before they settled on the "cut tail"
Tommy Auldridge

This will go quick....

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

This one will probably be gone by the end of the day. At least I hope it's gone before I do something CRAZY. Why am I so easily tempted, just when I'm starting to get some savings?? Tommy......
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

you can only play one at a time Tommy. Now Buddy Emmons...???
John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P
Roger Guyett

Post by Roger Guyett »

Thanks for the kind words about the guitar Tommy!
Sorry Im tempting you - ha ha !! :D
Hold on to those savings!
Steve Spitz

Post by Steve Spitz »

+ 1 for Lynn Stafford's work. I'll bet it plays like butter. Someone's getting a good deal here.
Roger Guyett

coped

Post by Roger Guyett »

Sorry it took me so long to get the Coped, but here it is:

Roger Guyett

Post by Roger Guyett »

Price drop from 3500 to 3350....
Roger Guyett

SOLD pending funds

Post by Roger Guyett »

Looks like this guitar has found a new home. Pending funds......