Calling AJ Nelson>!>!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

J W Alexander

Calling AJ Nelson>!>!

Post by J W Alexander »

How does one go about contacting this guru of Sho Bud refinishing? I have two I'd like to see what possibilities exist!

Thanks all

J W
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Call Duane Marrs At Marrs Music In Tenn. SONNY.

------------------
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Call Duane Marrs At Marrs Music In Tenn. SONNY.

------------------
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Duane Marrs 615-868-5344.
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

J.W.,
You may also go Duane Marrs' website: www.duanemarrs.com and read about their restoration of Sho-Buds. I just sent in some money to Mr. Marrs this week to get my LDG in line for total restoration and refinishing. The Marrs' workshop is super busy and I'm hoping he calls me in the June-July timeframe for me to send him my guitar. But, I'm sure you've seen their work and for my money, it's definitely going to be worth the wait and on top of everyting else, you're dealing with the Sho-Bud pros! Good Luck---Carl

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Carl Williams on 28 January 2005 at 03:41 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Carl Williams on 28 January 2005 at 03:42 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Carl Williams on 28 January 2005 at 03:42 PM.]</p></FONT>
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

Hi J.W., Saw AJ yesterday when he picked up some cabinets for refinishing. He doesn't even have a computer,but we can help you. He does not take any work much but ours. He is 82 and really doesn't want too much so he doesn't solicit. We provide him with the necessary decals and do body repairs before they go out. We could offer you our refinish price if the guitars are apart. He can do almost any color, unless the stain is too deep to get out. I have never ever been disappointed in any thing he has brought back to us. In fact the look more beautiful than anticipated every time!!!
Just email or call and will make the necessary arrangements to get them to him.
John Drury

Post by John Drury »

Duane,

I took the body of Billy Robinsons 9 string Slyde to A.J. six or seven years ago when I was doing the restoration for him. It turned out beautiful! Billy was amazed with the finish he put on it.

It was probably A.J. that did the original finish back when Bill Merrit built the guitar for Billy, don't know that for sure. Do you remember?

John Drury
NTSGA #3