***MULLEN G2 SD10 Show Stunner!!*** $4100 CAD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Pending sale to Tom Miele
Dale Foreman

Post by Dale Foreman »

Kevin Bollivar wrote:Pending sale to Tom Miele
That's great Kevin.. It sure is a beautiful instrument !
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

THANKS DALE....I appreciate you taking the time to comment like you do.Its hard to believe it's here as long as it's been for my asking price....considering you were willing to pay much more at the time I reluctantly had a change of heart on the sale and I will apologize to once again on the dissale at the time....it's a hard thing to part with,but I have other goals in mind for the immediate future.Just glad you got your Rittenbury in its place.I will say this is the finest steel I've ever played....the buyer is getting one sweet guitar!
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Tom has bowed out on the deal.At least he had enough decency to let know,where as some you aren't that intelligent for crying out loud.No more holds....first one with funds gets it....that's the way I roll.When I want something I want it,and I get it.No pussy footin about it!!If you can't dig deep,you shouldn't be diggin

THAT'S MY RANT FOR THE DAY :D
Tom Miele

NAFTA ain't free

Post by Tom Miele »

:eek: After looking at all the added costs of the "different" nations, shipping and insurance, the deal didn't make sense. Sorry if that was unclear, that i needed to confirm those costs before finalizing a decision.

I couldn't buy that guitar anyway. It would just draw attention to how white my teeth are not and then I would then have to invest a whole lot more on dentistry. I'm sad to say that my hair would fit in all too perfect. :D

Thanks for the look, Kevin. Good luck. :)
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

I think what I'll probably do,is soon pull a Hank Snow and be Movin On(Hank grew up only miles from where I live)If no sale soon....this babies Goin to Ebay

Thanks for all the inquiries from "Different Nations" And in case some of you need a lesson in cross border shopping. ..yes there are duties and taxes you must consider when moving across borders ...no different then what we Canadians have to deal with when we shop else where ....just so we are clear on that.PEOPLE...DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE HAND PLEASE.Thank you :)
Tom Campbell

Post by Tom Campbell »

I did some research on customs/duty from Canada to US. It has to do concerning "US made goods returning to the US". Apparently there is no tax or duty for this type of goods (with limits). See form CBP Form 3311.

If anyone wants to read this info, google "US customs...Canada to USA". Duty on U.S. made goods returning to the U.S.

Is duty required on U.S. made goods returning to the U.S.?

U.S. made goods returning to the United States are usually eligible for duty-free treatment. The provision 9801.00.10 in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) allows U.S. made products to return to the U.S. without duty requirements. However, the provision stipulates the goods value could not have been advanced nor the condition improved while abroad. In other words, if an item was repaired or improved, duty could be owed on either the fair market value of the labor or the item as it has been changed.

For instance, if you take gold to India, where it is then made into jewelry, the gold can not be re-entered into the U.S. free of charge. Nor is the value of the gold deductable from the value of the finished jewelry. To claim goods under this provision, proof of U.S. origin is required (i.e., country of origin marking or a certificate of origin from manufacture).

When clearing returning U.S. goods through Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the importer should file a CBP Form 3311 Declaration for Free Entry of Returned American Products.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Thank you for bringing g this to light Tom....I'm sure this is as good a discussion as any on here.While there may be amother thread about this subject on the forum here,this might be a good time for a refresher course too all forum member's in Canada as well as the USA..Lord knows I've tried my best when deING with individuals on trying to explain the process(nobody likes surprises).....we are neighbors after all :D
Wayne Ledbetter

?

Post by Wayne Ledbetter »

Not sure I agree. If there are duty costs or other costs that exceed shipping on an item and it's known by the seller, he should have that included in the sale price. There should be disclosure. If the previous post is correct, it may be a moot issue. I have bought stuff from Canada with no issue. Is the duty is applicable on it. Is it that high?
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Why would I as a seller have to check your duty price ? I'm good enough to inform someone they will incure taxes on the declared value of the shipment.I've never asked anyone how much I'm gonna pay coming across the border....it's a hut an miss.....do your own homework is all I'm sayin.There's nothing I can do other then get the package ready and declare a value that's agreed upon by the buyer.
Wayne Ledbetter

Mullen G2

I sense your hot under the collar about all this. My recommendation is apply some approximate duty charge and rough in shipping or whatever else and post it. That is if you want to sell it. I assume you are talking US dollars. However, if you are in Canadian dollars as I have bought before for your Canadian friends. The exchange rate is about 0.76 right now. That makes the guitar price at 2356 dollars. If you are wanting to sell to US for US dollars give the duty or include it in your price. Or don't sell. The buyer is in command if you want money.
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

I'm not hot under the collar Wayne....problem is by a doing all this costs your yackin and flapin about,it only exceeds to the problem.Not only now do you have people say in duh!! Your price seems high....they just don't get it,and think your probably hiding something.If one can't be honest about a transaction concerning a not axtravagant purchase at that....why would I try to ad in a hidden cost.This is how I do things,how you do things is your business my friend,and I'm not being rude,I'm just saying that's my way of doing things.If I were to post the guitar for sale in Canadian dollars,I'm sure there would be somebody that would bitch because I should've listed it in US currency.I can't win.....this is just not working here....and I'm soon taking it down.Shame cause somebody could have a sweet instrument at a bargain price...and please don't tell me it's not a bargain. ..cause that'll be a new discussion my friend.
Is there anyone in Canada interested in this before I take the ad off?? Clocks ticking down!!!
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Long story short..if you pay $3100 US Dollars, expect to pay your taxes on the value that's declared(Just so you a know taxes here are %15 where I live,but I don't make a deal of it )....lord know's I try my best and I don't control mailing rate's and I dont control what happens at the border.Do your homework....your all much to old to have someone helping you when your perfectly capable of doing your own homework.But for piece of mind I'll post The Canadian price too

MAKE SENSE.....

:)
Wayne Ledbetter

Well

Sorry, I thought I had a pm going to you. I wouldn't make comments like that on your post. I thought it was a private message and was giving my view of it. Take that for what it's worth. Try to watch the index better. I've been away a while for various reasons and must have used the wrong format.
Wayne Ledbetter

Yeow

I meant to say my second comment was suppose to be a pm. At least I'm helping keep it at the top. Want to apologize to forum people. I try to keep questioning comments private.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Apologies excepted Wayne Hahaha..I'll take into consideration some things you've mentioned.Thanks for lending to the discussion Now....is anybody interested in my Mullen for crying out loud hahaha :lol:
Pat Wilson

Mullen g2

Post by Pat Wilson »

Any Idea what would it cost to get it to Florida 32541?
total cost ..taxes fees etc ..3100+ 100 ship +???
Mullen Pre Rp SD10 3 & 4
Hilton Vol Pedal
BIG Tuning Wrench,
2 Modulus Bass,2 Modulus Guitars EBS cabs,
800 Demeter Tube Bass amp,
GK Fusion 500,Fender Strat,
http://twitter.com/#!/Destin30A
FaceBook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634787746
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

HI Pat...I priced going to Bangor Maine and Michigan Both times were around 125 US 5 day delivery conformation by Canada post express.But can only insure a value of no more then $1000 CAD...only other option is my local UPS which ran at about $270 because they had to pack it for full insurance value of the $3100 US If it was damaged in transit.Either that or it was 40 dollars I believe cheaper because it would only be insured against loss.So not knowin for sure what your tax is there I can only tell you that your looking already at near or abouts #3400 US before your taxes are due...hope this helps
Tom Miele

Let's Do This!

Post by Tom Miele »

Kevin:

I read Wayne's research this morning, which I believe is valid.

With that extra layer of cost removed, I would like to get this done if still available.

You have my number. Call or text me.

Tom :)
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Just to acknowledge. ..Tom is going ahead with this sale on the Mullen G2 in this ad.He's getting one heck of guitar :) Thanks to all to inquired and the many emails....
Wayne Ledbetter

Btw

Btw Tom I should not take credit for any research that was another person who I think you are talking about. I'm glad you and Kevin have worked things out on this. Good luck to both of you. Happy picking.
Tom Miele

Give Credit Where Credit is Due...

Post by Tom Miele »

Tom Campbell..., so sorry to credit the wrong contributor. Thank you for your keen eye and sleuth like investigation. You win a prize: my undying gratitude. :lol:
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

This PayPal is for the birds....they absolutey chew a fella up and spit em out....you wouldn't belive the fees they charge.We opted to do a friend to friend.....come to find out I'm the one getting hit with a 3.5% conversion fee,after they specifically told me on the phone it would only be 1%....which I didn't mind, after all its a friendly transaction......but that's money that's too much to throw away.....no wonder you all only do cheques.Me and Pay Pay might soon part ways when it comes to doing money transfers.....THERE OUTRAGEOUS!!

Tom has agreed to help me recoup some of my loss.....that's a fine man right here folks.I'm gonna throw in a few extra goodies for his generously. ....thank you Tom :)
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Please close