02' Zum D-10, Black,.........Sold

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Paul Awalt

02' Zum D-10, Black,.........Sold

Post by Paul Awalt »

8&5, Emmons Setup, Never played out, Original owner. $5,300.00. Plus shipping. No trades.[/quote]
Last edited by Paul Awalt on 24 Nov 2016 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Paul Awalt

Photos

Post by Paul Awalt »

Paul E Vendemmia

Post by Paul E Vendemmia »

For what it's wroth I know Paul and his equipment is in perfect shape ! And Like brand new. you will not be sorry If you buy from him.
Raymond Eicher

'02 Zum D-10

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Say it ain't so Paul?? You love this guitar!
I know this man. I know this guitar. They are BOTH Wonderful!
GFI ULTRA D-10, GFI Expo S-10, 2 ETS S-10, Justice 3x4, Rickenbacher, Fender and Supro lap steels, Tut Taylor and National resonators.Fender Deluxe, Marshall Class 5, Peavey amps and way, way too many guitars.
Randy Gilliam

Zum

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Does it have the anti tuneing sevise?
memphislim

Re: Zum

Post by memphislim »

Randy Gilliam wrote:Does it have the anti tuneing sevise?
I can see from the pics it does not.
Paul Awalt

Post by Paul Awalt »

Randy, It doesn't have the anti-tune, but it stays in tune and doesn't break strings.
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

The anti de-tuning device is located between the pickup and changer, top-side.
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Bruce didn't start using the ACS device until 2005. Zums have very minimal cabinet drop and stays in tune great without the device.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I have never seen a de-tuning device on ZUM, only de-tuning device I know of is on Emmons LL III, located between pick up and a changer ... I talked to some ZUM guys , and was told that ZUM have some de-tuning system, but nothing on or around the changer and a pick up like Emmons LL III...again, I may be wrong...wouldn't be the first time...
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

The device sits between the pickup and changer axle. When the fingers move forward, a cam on the finger engages with the screws coming out of the block and pushes the axle back.
There is a came on every finger but only the 4 and 5 string engage the set screws which determine how much deflexion on the axle. Brilliant and simple design that works magnificently. Less complex, more precise and far less intrusive then the LLIII system.

Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I have never seen that before in my life, and I did have bunch of ZUM's old and new... was that a standard option or custom order? what year guitars have it? I don't know anything about it, so every little info would be highly appreciated...thanks :)
memphislim

Post by memphislim »

This is from my guitar which is a 2011. At a certain point, all Zums either had this, ACS, or the Hybrid changer. ACS to my knowledge was the standard changer and the Hybrid was a premium.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

memphislim wrote:This is from my guitar which is a 2011. At a certain point, all Zums either had this, ACS, or the Hybrid changer. ACS to my knowledge was the standard changer and the Hybrid was a premium.
i had no idea, that is very interesting, thanks for the info... I know about the Hybrid , but never heard of or seen ACS...thanks
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

I've been playing Zums for almost 30 years. My Zum is a 2004 without the ACS screw. ACS stands for Adjustable Changer Support. The first guitar I saw with the ACS screw was Wayne Dahl's 2005 Zum. From that point on they have been standard on Bruce's standard non hybrid guitars. It even says it on the Zum website as being a standard feature. I always thought the anti tuning device on the Emmons L111 guitars was unnecessary. They could've come up with the same idea or something simpler and easier than what they came up with.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I personally believe that anti de-tuning device is unnecessary period...you can either play the thing in tune or you can not...if someone plays out of tune, it will always play out of tune, device or not... Tommy White doesn't have one on his Mullen, and I never heard him play out of tune... :\
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Your right Damir, that has been my point for a long time. You can have a guitar with no cabinet drop, but if you don't learn how to play in tune, cabinet drop is not the issue. Steel guitar is a very mental and physical instrument to play. The player has to work at playing the steel. But that's the challenge that's supposed to be fun. Back to this guitar that's for sale. This guitar is pretty much the same as a new one as far as how Bruce builds them from that year up to now except for the ACS device. Good luck on the sale.
Paul Awalt

Post by Paul Awalt »

Thanks, Dean.
Randy Gilliam

Zum

Post by Randy Gilliam »

My 2006 Zum with the anti tuneing devise. Has almost 0 cabinet drop thats what its for.I will buy anouther one when it comes up for sale!
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

I don't think the antidetuning device was available on the Hybrid changer.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

You are correct.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Thats correct Danny, and probably not needed - the two Hybrids that I have, have practically no measurable cabinet drop :D
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Raymond Eicher

'02 Zum D-10

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Has this Great Steel for sale post been hijacked? There are other places to discuss your guitars.
I believe this wonderful guitar is up for sale, not just up for discussion.
Thanks,
Ray Eicher
GFI ULTRA D-10, GFI Expo S-10, 2 ETS S-10, Justice 3x4, Rickenbacher, Fender and Supro lap steels, Tut Taylor and National resonators.Fender Deluxe, Marshall Class 5, Peavey amps and way, way too many guitars.
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

Raymond,
I think that, in spite of comments about the anti-detuning device on some Zums etc., most of us realize this Zum is for sale. Randy's question about whether this Zumsteel had the anti-detuning device was a legitimate one, Stevet
Raymond Eicher

Zum D-10

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Requiring what is now 21 extra comments?
Goodnight!