Promat with Norah Jones

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Damir Besic

Promat with Norah Jones

Post by Damir Besic »

silky smooth Promat tone fits real good with this beautiful song...:D :D :D :D

https://youtu.be/1RgyuT2dKYg
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Good stuff Damir. Nice halo fills. I like Norah too.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Jerry Overstreet wrote:Good stuff Damir. Nice halo fills. I like Norah too.
thank you my friend, now days I enjoy taking pictures, and experimenting with steel guitar, trying to see how it would fit in different genres of music... my honky tonk, and road days are over... I love Norah music, may work on some other of her stuff too...
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Wow the GEMA was quick in deleting your vid over here, Damir.
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Steven Husting

Post by Steven Husting »

Joachim Kettner wrote:Wow the GEMA was quick in deleting your vid over here, Damir.
Get the ProxyBlock Firefox add on.

Steven
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

Nice job Damir. Nice act to be connected to, she would be great to tour with. Just curious, how does a Promat differ from an Emmons PP that has been gone thru and is set up right? Have improvements been made to the design by Promat to make it function better? Are there compensators added to the Promat?
John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

John Brabant wrote:Nice job Damir. Nice act to be connected to, she would be great to tour with. Just curious, how does a Promat differ from an Emmons PP that has been gone thru and is set up right? Have improvements been made to the design by Promat to make it function better? Are there compensators added to the Promat?
thanks John, yes, she is awesome, I live her music...as far as Promat goes, Bobbe told me once, it plays just like a new push pull Emmons, but has more push pullish tone...I don't know, never had a new Emmons... Promat is also metric guitar,years ago Mr. Papic was in touch with Ron Sr. and push pull mechanics were discussed, while Promat looks like an Emmons on the first look, many things are very different, material, different angles and thickness of parts etc...I really don't know the details, but I can tell you one thing for sure, it is a serious professional instrument, expensive, but nevertheless worth it, at least to me...I just ordered a black D10 with new improved push-pull changer developed by Promat, new changer has already been installed in some guitars, and results are fantastic...I will keep you guys informed as guitar is being built ...I am not sure what you mean by compensators, that question should probably be directed to guys at Promat...