Zumsteel D10 8x7 Emmons Setup near mint condition with case

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jett Wake

Zumsteel D10 8x7 Emmons Setup near mint condition with case

Post by Jett Wake »

Hello,
I am helping fellow forum member John Walls daughter Esta sell her father's guitar who has recently passed away. It is dark blue. Hoping someone here can help us figure out what year it was made and what pickups are in it. The serial number is D1086841. It was recently restrung and is in excellent cosmetic and playing condition. The guitar recently appraised for $4700. She is asking $4500. Here are a few words from Esta,

"It is with a heavy heart that I am selling this beautiful guitar. It belonged to my father, John Walls, who passed away in Dec 2015.
Music was my Dad’s life. Growing up I spent many hours at clubs, receptions and holidays running around with my Dad’s steel crying in the background. This guitar has a huge place in my heart and has a big part in the memories I have of my Father. It will be hard to see it go. Keeping it locked away, with the hope that someday maybe my children will play it, no longer makes sense to me. I want it to be heard, enjoyed and to create new memories for someone else that has the same love for the steel. It may sound silly to some, but if at all possible, I would love to meet whoever buys this musical treasure. I would just like to know who is going to be playing my Daddy’s guitar. Thank you to everyone for viewing this post and the forum for what you do in keeping this amazing, unique group of music lovers connected. My Dad loved your site! God Bless!"
Esta

Last edited by Jett Wake on 31 Aug 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Looks to be 2003 by the serial number. Great looking steel. Sorry about the loss of your father Esta. He was a nice fellow.
Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 31 Aug 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Grigsby

Post by Chris Grigsby »

PM sent.

Thanks!
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.
Kevin W Jones

Post by Kevin W Jones »

PM Sent.

Thanks!
john widgren

zum

Post by john widgren »

PM sent.

PS those look like Lawrence L-910 sidewinder pickups.

Best, JW
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Steve Spitz

Post by Steve Spitz »

I did a deal with Jett , and it went really smooth. A great guy to deal with.
Thanks again Jett.
Jett Wake

Sold !

Post by Jett Wake »

Thanks for the kind words Steve ! Thanks to Jerry & John as well for providing the additional info. The guitar is sold pending payment and Esta will get to meet the new owner in person which was very important to her. Donation to follow !
Jason King

Post by Jason King »

That is one pretty guitar. Congrats on your new purchase Steve.
Dee Carestia

Beautiful Zum Steel

Post by Dee Carestia »

Kevin Jones bought the guitar. Congratulations Kevin!
Steve Spitz

Post by Steve Spitz »

I was never a buyer, I just wanted the potential buyer to buy with confidence, as Jett was a cool guy to deal with.

I think it's also great that the seller was able to meet the buyer, as she wished.

Looks like that Zum lasted less than two hours. Congrats to the new owner, you're going to love it.