Dalmatian music with Promat guitar

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Damir Besic

Dalmatian music with Promat guitar

Post by Damir Besic »

https://youtu.be/uWQJQiHZOJI

something little different.... :D
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Sounds great and Croatia looks beautiful
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Tony Glassman wrote:Sounds great and Croatia looks beautiful
thank you my friend, I always believed that steel guitar would fit great with dalmatian music, and it is always a challenge to figure out what would sound good with music other then country, and since those are fully produced and finished songs, there is not much room to add anything, and it is easy to destroy the feel of the song with overplaying...but it makes it interesting ... Croatia is beautiful, but same as here, big majority of the people are choking in debt, gas is about 7$-8$ per gallon, and average income is around 3000 - 4000 kunas (Croatian money) which would be around $500 - $600 per month, most pensions are around 2000 kunas ($350) Country was destroyed and robbed after the war in 90's by the new government promoting "western democracy" ... bunch of old communist crooks just changed their suits, and stoled everything that could be stolen... today Croatian government is worthless, and corrupt to the bone...sad, it could be nice places to live... but yes, other then that, it is beautiful ...
Bud Angelotti

Post by Bud Angelotti »

Perfect song.
Just 'cause I look stupid, don't mean I'm not.
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

Very sweet sound from the steel.

I think a low-cost no-frills Promat should be called the Damir Basic. :)
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Bud Angelotti wrote:Perfect song.
thank you Sir, I thought so too, pedal steel would fit in majority of Dalmatian songs I believe...
Last edited by Damir Besic on 1 Aug 2016 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Charlie McDonald wrote:Very sweet sound from the steel.

I think a low-cost no-frills Promat should be called the Damir Basic. :)
well Charlie my friend thank you,but this was done on my D10 Promat, but I'm sure my little S10 will sound just as good
Stephen Williams

Post by Stephen Williams »

Great job.....good to put it on different music.

I subscribe to the credo "If it's 1 4 5 then PSG can make it come alive" Most music falls into that.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Stephen Williams wrote:Great job.....good to put it on different music.

I subscribe to the credo "If it's 1 4 5 then PSG can make it come alive" Most music falls into that.
thank you my friend, it is hard to add something to the song that was already fully arranged and produced, and to make that improve the song...this song is heavily concentrated on the vocals, and every time I do something like that I walk a thin line between adding to the song, and destroying it by overplaying... there is actually more steel in this song that most would realize, but it is very low key, and blending with the background just coming out here and there... steel guitar is perfect by its nature, for dalmatian music, it just has to be played little different then when used in country songs...
Mule Ferguson

Post by Mule Ferguson »

Enjoyed the music. My wife and I also enjoyed Split and Dubrovnik 2 years ago. The Commie will have a hard time out crooking the crooks we have in DC.

:D

Mule
Emmons La Grande D10, Zum Encore, Multicord,Marlen S10 1972, Nashville 112, Evans HVP #2, Peavey Profex ll, Martin, Merle Travis D28M Bigsby Neck.
D28 Henderson, Dobro and Tut Bro. Fender Tele, Stelling Stagehorn Banjo
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Mule Ferguson wrote:Enjoyed the music. My wife and I also enjoyed Split and Dubrovnik 2 years ago. The Commie will have a hard time out crooking the crooks we have in DC.

:D

Mule
yes, Split is beautiful, so is Dubrovnik, but Dubrovnik is way out of line with their prices...
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

this guitar has Jerry Wallace TT pick ups,and cuts through in the mix like hot knife through the butter ...
Zoran Kosir

Post by Zoran Kosir »

Hi Damir,

nice music and smooth Promat sound. TNX to show us Croatian vocal music with pedal steel. Nice pics too. Congrats.
PROMAT PRO S10, PROMAT SE10 Economy, Goodrich, Fender Steel King.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Zoran Kosir wrote:Hi Damir,

nice music and smooth Promat sound. TNX to show us Croatian vocal music with pedal steel. Nice pics too. Congrats.
you are very welcome my friend, I'm glad you enjoyed this little experiment of mine :)
Kenneth Kotsay

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

Damir, I enjoyed the music and your playing, sounded awesome. Hope to hear more of that kind of European music.
KEN
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Kenneth Kotsay wrote:Damir, I enjoyed the music and your playing, sounded awesome. Hope to hear more of that kind of European music.
KEN
thank you my friend, its little different I guess... I will do some more projects as time allows, and share it with you guys to see what you think...
Stephen Williams

Post by Stephen Williams »

Re treading on vocals....definitely get that.

Would be nice to hear some music where the music is worked out with, say, guitar so that it complements the other. rather than have what i think is a rather lame situation in much music where Steel guitar is just a lead instrument that basically shuts up and plays for 10 seconds when time to solo. It's capable of so much more.

I love the idea of Croatian music with PSG. This is highly cool and you could enter the highest creative circles anywhere in the world with that sentence. ha ha.
Dan Robinson

Post by Dan Robinson »

Thanks, Damir!

I had no idea what to expect, music style wise. Got to expand my horizons, it was a delightful piece of music! Very pretty, your steel added a graceful dimension. TT sounds lovely.

It's hard not to use all those cliche descriptions. But heartfelt, all of them.

Dan
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Beautiful playing Damir; elegant and tasteful. This is an outstanding example of a steel guitarist going “where no steel guitarist has gone before.”

Kudos for a job well done.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Dan Robinson wrote:Thanks, Damir!

I had no idea what to expect, music style wise. Got to expand my horizons, it was a delightful piece of music! Very pretty, your steel added a graceful dimension. TT sounds lovely.

It's hard not to use all those cliche descriptions. But heartfelt, all of them.

Dan
thank you my friend, I didn't know myself if I should even try it, I loved the song just the way it was, and was worried I may destroy it rather then add something to it...I'm glad you like it...
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Mike Perlowin wrote:Beautiful playing Damir; elegant and tasteful. This is an outstanding example of a steel guitarist going “where no steel guitarist has gone before.”

Kudos for a job well done.
Mike, thank you, you are the true Mr. “go where no steel guitarist has gone before.” love tour music...
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Made me aware of Dalmatian dogs, they are beautiful!
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Mirko Tomic

Mirko Tomic

Post by Mirko Tomic »

My dear friend,I know you more than 27 years /since you lived in Croatia/ and I always admire your playing.Your aproach in this song is so sweet and melodic with fantastic tone.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Joachim Kettner wrote:Made me aware of Dalmatian dogs, they are beautiful!

and they sing too :)
Damir Besic

Re: Mirko Tomic

Post by Damir Besic »

Mirko Tomic wrote:My dear friend,I know you more than 27 years /since you lived in Croatia/ and I always admire your playing.Your approach in this song is so sweet and melodic with fantastic tone.
yeah old buddy, we go waaaay back :) ... thank you for your kind words, I always liked your style of playing as well, as far as tone goes, its all in the guitar, if only strings were not over 6 years old it would sound even better lol ....