Bob Tuttle....."There Will Never Be Another You"

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Tuttle

Bob Tuttle....."There Will Never Be Another You"

Post by Bob Tuttle »

I finally got another video up on YouTube. This is the first one I've posted since Christmas. I guess I'm getting kinda lazy in my old age. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my E9th version of an old jazz standard, "There Will Never Be Another You".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvPbsU3eIo
Don Mogle

Video

Post by Don Mogle »

Bob,

Great job on this one! The sound and video quality was superb! Could you comment on what you used to record this video?

Don
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Sounds great Bob! Great tune too.
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Bob, I think you're like fine wine...you get better and better...jr
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Very nice Bob. This is the best video yet and your guitar sounds great. Post some more soon.
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Post by Bishop Ronnie P Hall »

Hey Bob! :D
A tremendous work. Beautiful song, and a knock out job on the camera switching work. Loved everything about it. Keep up the great work, but don't wait for Christmas this year, before we hear another great song.
God bless,
Bishop Ron
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Wow Bob, that was fantastic! Love all your videos.
Michael Tyne

Post by Michael Tyne »

Great old standard Bob, nice clean sound,that's the way to play. There should always be a place for that kind of music in Clubs today.

Regards, from Mike Tyne in Sydney, Australia.
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Bob I ALWAYS enjoy your videos and getting to hear and watch you play... I agree with Paul... BEST video yet... you’re getting pretty fancy with your camera work and of course you playing is always top notch... BTW... love your wall decor, namely that Sho~Bud Fretboard... get idea!! :D :D :D
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Roger Dillingham

Bob Tuttle - New You Tube Post

Post by Roger Dillingham »

Bob, thanks for posting this! Your picking is FINE! I remembered the name of the song, but I didn't remember how it went; you did a fantastic job, Brother! I really enjoy how clean your sound and picking is on your videos. Obviously, the Zumsteel Encore is a superb instrument, but I have heard your videos with other steels and you sound great on them all. I really like the color scheme on the Encore, beautiful!
Please keep up the great work! Roger :) :)
Therman Jones

Post by Therman Jones »

Super job on a great song. Made that E9th sound very jazzy.
Customized 8 string Artisan lap steel....it will have to do until I hit the lottery...
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Bob you sound great as always. I just got through listening to the album you recorded with Mouse and the Traps on RCA records back in the 70's after 40 years once again.(Rio Grande album)
Still as good as ever. I'm gonna have to upload that album to YouTube. Those recordings might be ready to be a hit by now. They are already a hit with me. Hey folks! Bob's picture is on the back of the album cover too! Great album!
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

Thanks so much guys for the comments, and thanks for watching my videos.
Don Mogle...concerning how the videos are recorded, My son does all the work and I just do the playing. Without his help these videos probably would never have happened. Basically, the audio is recorded on a Tascam DR-07 portable digital recorder and synced with the video using Adobe Audition software.

I am loving this Zum Encore. It is a little tone monster. I'm playing it on about ten to fourteen jobs a month and it has performed flawlessly.

Hey, David Mitchell. Great to hear from you. How are things in East Texas? The Rio Grande album was a blast to do.. I sure miss those guys. I guess they're still playing together.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Bob Mouse and the Traps just had a 50 year reunion last month at the old Liberty Theatre on Broadway. Mouse had a lung transplant about 2 years ago and he is doing fine and back to playing and singing again. Robin Hood just had a hip replaced and he's back at the studio working. Corky had coronary bypass surgery but he's still working. I had AML leukemia about 7 years ago and a bone marrow transplant but I'm reflooring my house at the moment. Hoss Huggins had a sinking spell but he's over it. Praise the good Lord! He's,gotta keep us here to keep making good music!
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Wow, Bob, that was wonderful ! Such a great old tune and you do it sooooo nice ! I try to keep up with all the videos you post, but I missed this one until this morning. That makes it really special that your son does those recordings for you...great service to you, for him, and the rest of us out here who love your playing ! Keep 'em coming !!
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Bill Sutton

Post by Bill Sutton »

Bob check your PM.
Bill.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Sounds great, Bob! I really enjoyed that.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

I listened earlier in the week a few times and just now a few more times.

Not to take anything away from your perfect execution and playing, but that little Encore just really sings.

You have the most fabulous tone...what I've been looking for and just never found in the nearly 40 yrs. I've been playing.

In every way, that is one of the nicest steel guitar performances I've ever heard. I just have to say it again.
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

:D :D :D Sounds great !(what is the pick up on your Encore ?)
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

Thanks for all the comments.
John, the pickup on the Encore is their custom made humbucking pickup. I don't know who builds the pickup for them, but it sounds great.
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Bob, outstanding! I'm coming over for lessons. :D Keep posting videos.
Kenny Burford

Post by Kenny Burford »

Really enjoyed your posted music, thanks for sharing.