Fine Tablature

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

John A. Russell

Fine Tablature

Post by John A. Russell »

As many of you may know, David Hartley (UK) has been suffering from an illness for some time now. He still continues to work, but his condition leaves him tired.

I used to visit David every week and we would Jam together and I would learn so much.

I recently pulled out a tab of "Sweet Memories" that Davidput together.
I had forgotten the incredible detail he has gone to in showing every sigle note he plays in his version of this truly great song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2nKaY_u_IM

Even if the purpose is not to play what David played, note for note, there is much to learn about style and positioning etc.

Even if you don't want Tab, listen to the above link of David Playing "SWEET MEMORIES"

Me, I am going to spend a lot of time re-studying this TAB.

Kind Regards to all

John Russell (UK)
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Charley Bond

David Hartley

Post by Charley Bond »

Thanks Mr Russell for sharing that with us. David is great & certainly appreciated around the world, for the inspiration he gives to all of us Steelers....
Barry Westerfield

Post by Barry Westerfield »

My prayers are with David, I just recently "discovered" him, what great inspiration for me as well as others' I recently have e-mailed him and did not know anything wrong. Stay strong David we need you doing what you love much longer
I THINK "STEELING" IS LEGAL HERE
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

Thanks, I did not know this. David if you are reading this, I send a big "Get well soon" . stevet
Gilbert Lazar

to david hartley

Post by Gilbert Lazar »

Get well soon I am so inspired
gil
John A. Russell

Up and Running

Post by John A. Russell »

Thanks for your messages.
David is up and running now.
He is doing online lessons as well as selling tab/tracks.
Went to see him and Fran,took them for a Steak!
Nice to see him up and raring to go.
John Russell
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.