Help Me Find This

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Shepherd

Help Me Find This

Post by Gary Shepherd »

I'm trying to build some pedal steel seats. Nice ones with side card and backs.

I saw something yesterday in a hardware store that would help. But at the time, it wasn't what I was looking for. Today, it occurred to me that it would be useful.

I drew up some CAD files of this stuff. It's an aluminum channel extrusion of some kind. It's used to join to pieces of wood (like plywood) at 45° angles. But I don't know what to call it. That being the case, I'm having a really hard time finding it. Either locally or online.

So here are my pictures. If you know what to call this - or more importantly where I can find it - please let me know.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Sierra Session D-10

www.16tracks.com

David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

Gary just a thought.
It seems to me you could do this with
2 L brackets or 90 degree angled pieces of metal inside and outside ; outside bigger than inside.

And then make the support connection with nuts and bolts though the wood. Nothing custom at all.

Though I imagine the part does exist somewhere.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 25 December 2004 at 02:17 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jon Jaffe

Post by Jon Jaffe »

Werner, the ladder maker is also a custom fabricator of extruded aluminum. They can make it or have something like it.
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Gary, Look on the web for 80/20. This company deals in all shapes of aluminum.

------------------
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars
albert johnson

Post by albert johnson »

Gary ,Here is the company that has all types of Case and Cabinet hardware and they have what you want at the right prices,I deal with them all the time they are very nice to buy from and give fast shipment,also they take credit cards,They have a minimun order of $50.00.Their Phone No.1 800-465-6281.Web Site is www.tchweb.com you can also order on line.I hope this helps.Albert
Tom Campbell

Post by Tom Campbell »

Thanks Al, I've been looking for a supplier like this for a long time!!!