OKLAHOMA Steel Show E9th SEMINAR-Palousek & Toliver

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Wayne Morton

Post by Wayne Morton »

ttt
Emmons 82 SKH, Emmons 93 Legrande II, Emmons 72 Fat Back, Mullen G2 Purple Heart, 82 Zum
Beverly Harris

Seminar

Post by Beverly Harris »

Steve and Larry,
If you have room for one more student, I will be joining the class.
Thanks,
Beverly Harris
Larry King

Post by Larry King »

Beverly

Please call 479 220-2133 Thx
Larry Toliver

Post by Larry Toliver »

Just wanted to say thanks to all of those who attended mine & Steve's seminar. I hope you got something to help your playing increase a little in some areas. I was very happy with the nice size of the class, and especially the 12 year old Jacob King. If you haven't heard him play....lookout! He's a picker, nice touch, and plays very nicely! He's big for a 12 year old, I thought he was 17 or so. Mike McGee has been teaching him.
But....thanks to the Oklahoma Show for having Steve and I. We look forward
to next years show.

Larry T
Terry Bethel

Seminar

Post by Terry Bethel »

Hey guys next year how about having it later in the day so us old timers might be able to crawl out of bed and be there.,
Terry
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Steve Palousek

Post by Steve Palousek »

Maybe those "old timers" shouldn't party all night! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Wilkerson

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Larry what an honor my friend to meet you your an awesome player but more over your a heck of a friend.... You and Steve had an awesome seminar and I got a lot out of it and it opened some doors... Dad Terry it was great seeing you again my friend and enjoyed our visits.... Slim
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Larry Garrett

Post by Larry Garrett »

I certainly enjoyed the seminar and officially meeting Larry and Steve. Great guys and great pickers. The information was really good and they were anxious to help when we (I) hit a snag. Thanks gentlemen.
Larry
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I too enjoyed the seminar. Both of these men can sure play very well and made the class very interesting. They were so willing to help anyone that needed help and Steve and Larry were very friendly as well. It was worth the time and every dollar spent.
Benny J Haynes

Post by Benny J Haynes »

Steve & Larry I enjoyed your class and getting to know you guys. I wish I had the same setup on my steel but will figure out something. Thanks for every thing.
Benny Haynes KSGA member
Beverly Harris

All My Loving - Beatles

Post by Beverly Harris »

Steve and Larry,

I have been working on both songs, but it was fun to find out that you had written All My Loving in the same key as the Beatles' recording. Not only can I play along with the track, but can accompany the Beatles!!
I very much enjoyed the seminar, your receptiveness to discussion, and hands on assistance.
Thank you both.
Beverly
Larry Toliver

Post by Larry Toliver »

Of course Beverly, most steel players try to play songs in their original key, unless there are benefits to playing it in a key with open strings, or natural chords without using pedals. Glad everyone enjoyed our class, and we will have some new material at our next classes. Steve and I will have tabbed out "An Empty Glass" and "Midnight In Old Amarillo", and it will be another seminar we will be teaming up on. As always, you can buy our seminar materials if you want to contact me.
Larry T
Beverly Harris

Branson seminar

Post by Beverly Harris »

I didn't recognize either song for your next seminar, so I went to Youtube and listened. Is Midnight in Old Amarillo going to C6 or E9 tab?
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Larry played that on one of his sets on E9th. That seems to be most common for steel players.
Beverly Harris

Midnight in Old Amarillo

Post by Beverly Harris »

Thanks. After I heard Midnight in Old Amarillo, I recognized the tune, just not the title. Maybe one of these days, I'll tackle those other 5 pedals.