Unreal!!

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Ted Smith
Location: Idaho - shot of Jeff Peterson, Ted and Smith Curry "Nothing but the taillights tour"

Unreal!!

Post by Ted Smith »

WHAT A YEAR! Well now my server accidentally deleted my ENTIRE web site with NO back-up. Melobar.com had hundreds of hours in it--all gone--like the wood shop fire. It's unreal!

Casey McMullen is jumping on re-building it, but it's going to be a couple of weeks at best. I'm having to work in Bolins shop every chance I get on the new Lap steel jigs and on the Melobro process, I do have a new shop for the Fiberglass finally, and a guy dedicated to that process. But I am not around the office much or have much time for the web work. So if you can't reach me - I'm still alive and just trying to get everything rebuilt for this fall.

Definitly Melobar is going to be a rebuilt company after all this.

Ted
Jason Lollar

Post by Jason Lollar »

Oh boy, what a mess. I ususally have ongoing problems with my website and fortunately because I have had so many problems I back up all my web files so if it did completley disappear I could bring it back up.
I would be hurting if my site went down for long thats where most of my pickup work comes from.
Good luck with it and I hope its running soon.
Ted Smith
Location: Idaho - shot of Jeff Peterson, Ted and Smith Curry "Nothing but the taillights tour"

Post by Ted Smith »

We're back! A kid,at BigSkyTelecom that does our server, found a disk they'd discarded that had a back-up from April, so it's out of date but back on line. Can you believe a server would not have sites backed up better than that!
Geoff Brown

Post by Geoff Brown »

That's good news Image Lucky that they found at least something to get you back online. Sounds like they need to do a better job of backing up your files for you. Keep chuggin', Ted Image
Ted Smith

Post by Ted Smith »

Melobars on order folks...I finally have the New-News, hotsheet stuff more up to date. The rest of the site won't be updated for a while.
David Stehman

Post by David Stehman »

Ted
I'm glad to hear you're OK! Good to see you're
limiting access to your time. I know I was probably one of the worst offenders bugging you about when my Melobro would be ready...case of uncontrollable enthusiasm...
but I admit abusive of your generosity of
time on the phone and email. I've seen the light on this.
I hear lots of compliments on playaing the Melobro and the 8 string lap. As many compliments on the Midnight Navy Silver Flake
on the bro. peace to you, Dave Stehman
Ted Smith

Post by Ted Smith »

Hi David, Very glad you're happy with your Melobro, actually,,,you were not that bad compared to some that were down right scary! I just had a guy last month call me 14 times in 9 days - back to "unreal".
I know you like the sound of your HULA but if you get some time--and I get some time--I'd like to install the wood baffles in that guitar, I have Bob Holders GN-I and Gordon Blacks original Raybay Left-handed in here waiting for baffle installation. I'm so sold on the sound that I want them in all our old Melobros.
David Stehman

Post by David Stehman »

Ted - I'd like to have the baffles. Now, though I promise we'll work around your schedule. I respect your research and your word. The idea of changing resonances by changing only the baffle is very creative!d
Dave
David Pennybaker

Post by David Pennybaker »

<SMALL>I have Bob Holders GN-I and Gordon Blacks original Raybay Left-handed in here waiting for baffle installation. I'm so sold on the sound that I want them in all our old Melobros.</SMALL>
Hmmm, I thought I had Gordon's original Raybay (that was converted to right-hand for me).

At any rate, one day I'd like to get the baffles in mine as well, Ted. No rush on my part, though -- I was kinda hoping that you'd make some progress on that acoustic pickup for the Melobro's and I could get that done at the same time. How's that going?

Knowing my luck, you'll want me to send that Melobro back today -- I just threw away the box it shipped in a week or so ago. Got tired of looking at it, and figured it'd be another year or so before I'd be sending mine back.

Hope all is going well (as well as it can be given the fire, etc). Let me know when a convenient time for you is to install those baffles. As I said, I'm not in any particular rush - but I'd like to get it done someday.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Ted Smith

Post by Ted Smith »

David you do have the very first Raybay in Generation I that was Gordons first guitar, His is being built out of the same Generation Mold etc. so all his left handed components will work, so it is the same guitar if that makes sense. And we can do the baffles for you, just email me on that.