53/54 Stringmaster T8 Blond

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Steve Branscom

53/54 Stringmaster T8 Blond

Post by Steve Branscom »

Went to the Tacoma Guitar Festival today. Tons of strats, teles and Les Paul. Lap steels not so much. There was a 53/54 Stringmast T8 that was there. Blond, in absolutely pristine condition as if it just came out of the box. No nicks, scratches, pitting, rust. $1450. Hot Rod Music in Graham, WA has it. They have a Facebook page but no website. If I was looking for a Stringmaster I'd at least make the call and ask them for some pics. I'm not kidding how good it looked.
Steve
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Did it look like this?

Steve Branscom

Post by Steve Branscom »

Yes. Not sure of the scale but it didn't look long enuf for a 26". P/u covers were black unlike yours. Had a toggle switch on the middle neck.
Steve
Jeff Mead

Post by Jeff Mead »

Steve Branscom wrote:Yes. Not sure of the scale but it didn't look long enuf for a 26". P/u covers were black unlike yours. Had a toggle switch on the middle neck.
If it had a toggle switch and black p/u covers it was at least 1956. All the 53/54 ones were long scale and looked like the one Erv posted.

But age isn't huge factor in the price of Stringmasters - unlike most other vintage guitars.
Steve Branscom

Post by Steve Branscom »

Jeff and Erv,
Thanks for the correction. It was labeled a 53/54 and I'm not up on Stringmaster details. Glad you guys are.
Steve
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Jeff is correct. :D