WTS: Vintage Double Neck Sho Bud

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
John Titsworth Jr

WTS: Vintage Double Neck Sho Bud

Post by John Titsworth Jr »

I am listing this for a friend. I am not particularly sure of the details of this guitar, but I understand it was not played very much and spent most of its life in the case under a bed.

I will forward interested buyers info to the seller. You will make the deal with him directly. $2,000 is the asking price.

email me at johntitsworthjr@sbcglobal.net for the sellers contact information.

Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

WOW. This, to me, looks like an interesting combo of a ZB and a ShoBud. Kind of like a ShoBud Fingertip to ZB changer?? I'll be watching this one just because I'm curious. RP
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Tommy Auldridge

Me too.....

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Me too.....
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Nice looking Bud but never seen one like that but I'm sure not a Sho-Bud expert. Maybe Ricky can shed some light on this.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

With just those pics that are posted; there is nothing about this guitar that is Sho~bud; other than the sticker on the front of the body.
There was a LOT of homemade pedal steels made with many of the features of popular brands; back in the day and this one does look pretty dang good....I'd like to see the underneath.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Tommy Auldridge

BozSan Maybe?

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

There was a man in Virginia Years ago, who made a steel with the brand name BozSan, and they had inlay strips like this. I think maybe that's what it is. Tommy.......
Jim Goins

wts: vintage double neck sho bud

Post by Jim Goins »

Looks to be sho bud parts, pedals, pickup castings and looks like someone revamped fingertip changer and end castings.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

There is nothing there that resembles a Sho-Bud or a ZB other than the fact that the stops are on the endplate like a ZB but yet the changer looks more like an old S-B Fingertip. Cabinet could have began life as a Sho-Bud Fingertip. Probably a one off custom build out of mostly factory parts from various makes.
In theory that type changer should sound like a million bucks but there is more to the sound than the changer. Might be a fantastic instrument. I'd love to get my grubby little hands on it for a test ride. Like the others said you can ignore the decal. Very little Sho-Bud left on it. I really think it is a Sho-Bud Fingertip wood cabinet hence the logo on front.
Last edited by David Mitchell on 15 May 2016 5:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

If I was a betting man I would bet when properly tuned up that instrument sounds like a million bucks!
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Can you get us some good bright pictures underneath the guitar. That part is what a pedal steel is all about. You don't have to take it apart just flip it upside down and set it in the case with the legs up ,pedals away from you or flip it onto a soft bed or couch it won't hurt it. I think it will be necessary to do that to have any chance of selling it being it is one of a kind. The top doesn't tell us much.
It has my interest! Thanks!
Billy Carr
Restricted

Psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Probably sound good if it'll stay in tune and the old pu's don't T/F body noise. 80# maybe in the case? Interesting!
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

It looks to me that it was a fingertip in its first life. A fingertip changer reworked for sure. Those changers and ZB were very similar. Looks as though the pedals are painted Bud pedals. I was at Sho-Bud on a daily basis from 1968 until the store and factory closed so I've seen a lot of experimental guitars that not many have seen. Not trying to contradict Ricky, just saying I was there.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Chris Lucker

Post by Chris Lucker »

Heck, I will take a guess. I think it may be a Walters pedal steel.

I had a Walters that looked and worked like a Fingertip. It had inlay on the side of the neck.

What does the case look like? That may be a tell.

If you post some undersides I will compare with the Walters.
Chris Lucker
Red Bellies, Bigsbys and a lot of other guitars.
Chris Lucker

Post by Chris Lucker »

I do not want to side track the original poster's thread, but here is the Walters I had. It has just as many dissimilarities as similarities. It was a very nice guitar, though.

Chris Lucker
Red Bellies, Bigsbys and a lot of other guitars.