sho-bud question

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Jack there are so many differences in the sho-bud models from year 1 to the demise; that you would have to be more specific in your question??
The very first sho-bud had pullers(you call bell cranks)welded on crossbars. Then the Sho-bud had racks. Then the sho-bud had pullers on round crossbars and were somewhat adjustable. Then the ShoBud had pullers on hex cross shafts with more holes for pulls; and there were many variations even between all those mechanisms. So to figure out how old or if a certain model is considered old by it's mechanics, is a tuff question.
Do you have a certain Sho-bud your wondering about? If so; how descriptive can you be in the mechanism, would depict it's age.
Ricky <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 01 December 2004 at 10:46 PM.]</p></FONT>
Mark Herrick

Post by Mark Herrick »

Gee, Ricky, you must have scared the heck out of him!

------------------

Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Image Image

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Everybody needs some profit now and then.
Hope you came out of it ok Jack.

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Jack; never feel you can't ask a question, no matter how newbie it is or not. Yes that is how we learn(that's how I learn).
Ricky
Farris Currie

Post by Farris Currie »

Jack,i need to take lessons,evertime i buy something,i have to take less for it!!man i go wrong somewhere!!! Good Luck Jack!!!!
farris
Mark Herrick

Post by Mark Herrick »

My post was not intended to be derisive or in any way a reflection or comment on your question. I apologize if it seemed that way. I just found the juxtaposition of Ricky's answer and your followup post to be humorous.

I have certainly asked my share of questions on this forum and have offered my share of advice - however unqualified it may be. Ricky's knowledge of Sho-Bud history and mechanics is second to none. If I owned a Sho-Bud and had questions, he would be the person I would ask.

As far as questions that might seem "stupid", I don't think any question is stupid if you're trying to find an answer.

To quote Oat Willie:
"Onward, through the fog!"

------------------