Stolen Rittenberry Pedal Steel:

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

All right James Quackenbush. I am with you. But I got jumped on big time last year for making the very same statement. Hope you do not. I was told that we do not live in a Third World Country. But something needs to take place to make thieves know they cannot get away with it. If they catch them which they hardly ever do they spank their hand and they are back on the street before you turn around. I am still searching for a Black D-10 Sho-Bud Pro II that was stolen years ago. And Mickey, I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep the faith that it will show up someplace. J.R. Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Joey Andrews

Pledge

Post by Joey Andrews »

Count me in too!!!!!!!!!!!
EMMONS / ZUM / DERBY / EMCI / MARLEN / MARRS
Allen Howington

Pledge

Post by Allen Howington »

Mickey has spent a lot of hours learning lead breaks to show us how to play them the right way. I feel it's the least we can do to help pay him back. I will donate $25 and challenge anyone that owns a steel guitar to make a donation for Mickey.

PS: I'm sure my brother Johnny will be chiming in here as well with his donation.

Steel buddy,

Allen Howington
Dan Klotz

Post by Dan Klotz »

Allen,
I agree 100%. I have learned a ton from Mickey's videos and he has been super nice when I met him in person. I'm in for $25.
2- Rittenberry D10's
Quilter Steelaire. Nashville 400. Session 500
John Wilson

put me down for $5.00

Post by John Wilson »

This is a drop in the bucket compared to what Mickey has contributed to all of us.
I'm prayin' this d-bag gets caught in Texas as opposed to The peoples Republic of California!
Customer: "Waiter, how do you prepare your chicken?"
Waiter: "We usually tell them they're not going to make it."
Gary Kaye

Stolen Steel

Post by Gary Kaye »

It's hard to imagine someone would walk off with a pedal steel but I guess there is always a sleaze somewhere with no respect for others. For a guy who has given so much back this is really sad news. If we all keep our eyes and ears open maybe we can get this back. More than happy to donate.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Mickey says in another thread that he has recovered the Rittenberry! I am so happy....

Billy Easton
Billy & Meriul Easton
Nashville, TN
Jim Saunders

Where?

Post by Jim Saunders »

Where is this other post?
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

Here you go Jim..
Glad they got it back!

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=299977
"Tone is in the hands. Unless your wife will let you buy a new amp. Then it's definitely in that amp."

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head :)

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.
Jim Saunders

Reward $

Post by Jim Saunders »

Since the guitar was located and no reward was needed, my donation goes to the Forum.
Jim Saunders

What

Post by Jim Saunders »

What actually happened? Mickey, you mentioned having so much gear, so could it have been mislaid in all the stuff? I still don't see anything to indicate it was found?
john widgren

stolen?

Post by john widgren »

...or anything to indicate that it was actually stolen either.
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

The guitar was overlooked when loading my 3 vehicles....A stupid mistake on my part...I had a TON of gear at the Dallas show...Albert Talley noticed it in the lobby Sunday morning and by that evening, had scooped it up and kept her safe..(he stated that he had not even opened the case, so he had no idea what brand of guitar was in the case)...It scares me to think what could have happened....:-)...thank ALL Of you for spreading the word...!!..
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Jim Saunders

Guitar

Post by Jim Saunders »

Mickey, I was taught it takes a big man to admit a mistake. Glad it ended well.
I recently finished a round of golf and stuck my SkyCaddie in my golf shoe. Normally it goes in the golf bag. It's the size of a phone for non golfers. When I got home I started an exhaustive search including calling the golf course, etc. Then after cancelling my service on the unit, I found it stuck in the shoe several weeks later. Stuff happens.
Randal Stewart

Post by Randal Stewart »

That's a beautiful guitar, it's a crying shame that someone would stoop so low and do things like this, It's a sad world when we have to use security cameras everywhere to prevent this kind stuff, I hope and pray that you get your guitar back soon and LORD have mercy on the person when they catch them.
Randal Stewart

Post by Randal Stewart »

As I read a little further I see the guitar has been recovered, thank GOD for that.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Bob, please close...guitar located...thanks..
You guys are so generous...I appreciate your help SO much.....
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!