NC: Benefit For Steve Harrell

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jim O. Underwood

NC: Benefit For Steve Harrell

Post by Jim O. Underwood »

A Benefit for Steve Harrell, a well known steel guitar player from Fuquay Varina, NC who lost his battle with cancer last week will be held this Sunday from 2pm to 7pm at the Red Barn 7276 Springfield School Rd in Lucama, NC. Admission is $8 and includes BBQ dinner. If you don't want to eat, admission is $5. All proceeds go to Steve's wife and family to help with medical expenses. Steve was a great friend and well known to many NC and east coast musicians and a truly great steel player. The Timber Wolf Band will be providing the music and we look forward to seeing lots of friends there.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Jim, do you have a PayPal account that a donation could be made. I can't attend but could help a little. Maybe others could join in and help out.
Thanks,
Jerry
Jim O. Underwood

Steve Harrell Benefit

Post by Jim O. Underwood »

Thanks for asking Jerry, I don't have a paypal acct set up for the benefit, but I will get an address or acct number from the family and post it here,
Bryant Aycock

attend

Post by Bryant Aycock »

Steve was a good friend and a great steel player. I'm looking forward to the food, music and fellowship.
Sam White

Sam & Anna White

Post by Sam White »

Yes it was a great time and the turn out could have been better but it was a great time and plenty of food.TTh band was super and two Steel Players and they were BJ Billy Barbue and Brian Ajcock and the fantastic Job they both did.I noticed that Brian was showing B.J. a lot of licks and BJ did a great job of following Brian.It is gong to be a lot of fun at the N.C. Steel Guitar Jam with these two guys and al, the other great Steel players we will have there.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Sam White

Sam & Anna White

Post by Sam White »

Yes it was a great time and the turn out could have been better but it was a great time and plenty of food.TTh band was super and two Steel Players and they were BJ Billy Barbue and Brian Ajcock and the fantastic Job they both did.I noticed that Brian was showing B.J. a lot of licks and BJ did a great job of following Brian.It is gong to be a lot of fun at the N.C. Steel Guitar Jam with these two guys and all the other great Steel players we will have there.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association