Cor`s Problem

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Frost

Post by Steve Frost »

What if we all did! It'd be like in Harry Potter.....Well, it was just a thought. Image
James Ingram

Post by James Ingram »

A boycott can always bring someone to their knees. where ever they reside no matter how big or small they are. I,d hate to see this happen. but if their stealing form peter to pay paul it,s not our problem it,s theirs. James Image
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

Not onerous to join the boycott, so count me in - who would want to deal with them at this time given the serious issues that have been raised and not answered? All of this does make me wonder - how many guitars is this company making these days? There are a number of reputable builders making first class instruments, and as far as I can tell almost all of them are putting out more guitars than Emmons. Is my impression correct?
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Yes Howard, a fine grind it is!
bobbe
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Jim that sounds like a good idea and a posative course of action, I would like to be on your "list" Tho I don`t really need a new Emmons at the moment as I am quite happy with these old ones!
I might be tempted to go for one of those "Rains" Guitars tho if I ever get a close up look at one!
Good morning Ron (if your reading this).
Travis Bernhardt

Post by Travis Bernhardt »

This is getting ridiculous. That Emmons has nothing to say about it, I mean. Surely somebody has got to have an inside track and can tell us what the Emmons company's thinking is here. If you want to be anonymous, send me a private e-mail and I'll post it here for you--but for crying out loud, does Emmons really not have anything to say about this?

-Travis
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

This weekend would probably be a good time to copy and save these pages b4 they dissappear.

I know I'm going to when I get up later today.

EJL
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

How many of you want to quit playing your Emmons? I am always in the market to buy Emmons guitars. Especially since It sounds like some of you are practically willing to give yours away. Let me know what you have for sale. Image Image Image
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

I am with you Erv.
Bad bussines does not mean that the guitar sounds bad.
I loved and always will love the sound of a good Emmons.

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

Selling a used Emmons in protest,
or not playing an LaGrande you already own
is not the issue at hand.

Nor is deploring their bad business practices,
a critique of their quality of instruments.
But, there are many builders with product in a very close range with a LaGrande. Only a very few would be put truely out changing from a LaGrande to a
Zum, Mullen, Franklin, Fulawka, Carter, MSA, GFI, or even Promat.

The question on the table is whether or not to
threaten with a boycot of FUTURE purchases of Lashley built steels.

Or at the least show the potential damage to the company of such a boycot ,
if it went onto effect.

A petition might show hard numberrs of those who think Cor has been mistreated,
and what effect this could POTENTIALLY have on the Lashley run company.

I would like an old PP,
but getting a new LaGrande his out of the question....

I already know, living in Europe, I couldn't trust them to treat me the same as someone in Nashville. Even with having a few USA connections.

I am curious, how many ALSO have problems getting replacement parts from the Lashley company...??

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 07 November 2004 at 08:19 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 07 November 2004 at 08:20 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I don't understand why you think anyone would sell their old Emmons, Erv.

It's an entirely different matter. Heck even Buddy still palys one, and he had a falling out with the company years ago.

I've considered removing the logo, it's only three screws, and easily replaced, but I don't think I will.

I do direct any questions by newbies, who ask aboutEmmons to this, and other discussions. I'd hate anyone else to loose money in this way.

Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

your right Joey,

it has nothing to do with the name emmons,
or the emmons guitar.

it is how the people behind it treat there customer(s)

but let me say this i treat my lashley legrande t-shirts now for polishing and waxing my car and the most of them were brand new.

cor<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Cor Muizer Jr on 07 November 2004 at 11:37 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Cor Muizer Jr on 07 November 2004 at 11:39 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

Why doesn't someone back there where the Emmons Co., is located, provide the FORUM with the correct mailing address of the Better Business Bureau there. Ordinarily, the BBB only represents their dues paying business membership, hands out plaques to them,produces member newsletters, etc. but on occasion they will highlight fraudulant or questionable business practices to the community and/or its leaders. State Attorneys General concern themselves primarily with issues that impact the state; lawsuits, etc.
However, if they were to get 4,000 angry letters about the conduct of a local business they would indeed have to take notice. For each written letter, it is an accepted rule of thumb, that there are atleast twenty other concerned individuals that simply didn't not take the time or bother to write their views. THey do want to promote good business in their community. The implied anger of some 80,000 disgruntled citizens from around the world can affectively promote a new interest even among lethargic bureaucrats and the like.
No mention of the Forum should be made, nor any mention of any notable players using that product. Letters should note YOUR OWN concern, for the dastardly way a customer has been treated....and how you intend to notify no less than 400 others about this lousy business conduct.(The RULE of 400)
No one would be out more than a few pennies for postage, paper and envelope.
Petitions usuallly don't impact anyone as it's generally accepted that such a project is usually the design of a single person or small, special interest group. Threats don't work either.
4,000 individual letters complete with misspellings and varying viewpoints will carry tremndous impact, I can assure you. A copy should also be forwarded to the business editor of the local newspaper in the town wherein that offending company is doing business. These can be found in the local library. Instead of collecting monies for someone, why not provide the FORUM with the necessary names and addresses so we can get our computers humming? I'm ready to write! DO NOT MENTION the FORUM or any specific personality. Point to the fact that it has become generally common knowledge that these happenings are occurring and that something really should be done about it as it is creating a bad impage of your community and people doing business there.
Randy Wade

Post by Randy Wade »

BBB for that area is www.greensboro.bbb.org
If you look Emmons Co. up on there it says they are not a member, have only had one complaint and it was resolved. I think Better Business Bureau should be informed of this by Cor if they haven't already been,maybe they could help resolve it.
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

Randy i send info through them one minute ago and i also read that there was a complaint against them in the past 36 month's(maybe more but not listed)

so lets wait what this brings me.

and lets go here

ooh'' and thank you Randy. Image

cor<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Cor Muizer Jr on 07 November 2004 at 01:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

I would find it curious that local peer presure / embarrasment,
would hold more weight than being shredded within their target product market....

But I'll write.

It might be usefull to post a concise synopsis of the facts.
Since they are some what scattered through this thread.
But don't just cut an paste it into your letter,
re-write it in your own words.

Well spell't or not. Image

Actually I suspect e-mails of a high volume would get someone's attention.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 07 November 2004 at 02:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
B.Jenkins

Post by B.Jenkins »

Someone pick out a date when everyone either sends email or regular letter to the BBB or to their local newspaper, I would think if they get 400 or more emails or letters all within a day or two someone will take action snd look into tis mess.
Billy
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 17 November 2004 at 07:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I won't go there.
Sam White
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

I'm gonna change all the names and publish this as an E-BOOK on ebay !

Then after b0b deletes it, I'll sell it back to everyone for .99 cents..

oh..but wait..what if it never ends ? Easy..I'll publish the second printing !

t<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 08 November 2004 at 02:02 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Nice thought Tony

4000 Members times .99cents makes about $4000.

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Hey Cor, luv that one with the "T" shirts
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Do not need to polish my car.
Mine is going to the Carwash every 3 weeks.

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Ray, Thanks for the input great idea my letter to the BBB will be on its way today! and will stress the harm being done to US exports to Europe by by this kind of business practise, its more the sort of thing you would expect from Nigeria!
Can anyone post the name/address of a local Burlington newspaper??
The strengnth of this forum is only in our numbers lets do it!! Image
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I'd purchase and wear a Tee Shirt that warns others about their business practices.

Can someone design a shirt that will praise the vintage Emmons products, while warning newcomers about the current situation?

Can I have it in time for the Dallas Show?