Cor`s Problem

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Glenn Austin

Post by Glenn Austin »

Well Cor, I hope that, at least, you get the guitar you paid for. Good luck
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

glenn that guitar i was ordering is never build so i don't want it anymore

i dont want a emmons anymore and not in the name of emmons, but building by the lashley's now a day and there business practice.

even though it is a marvelous guitar.

i'm sick of it !!!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Cor Muizer Jr on 22 September 2004 at 11:45 AM.]</p></FONT>
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Cor if you could somehow get ANY guitar from Emmons, you could at least sell it. I would be after them to produce an instrument to make things right.
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

no chris i want my money back thats all!!!
and will do never business with them.
especially after al this trouble

and for the last time i didn't expect this
what is going on not by emmons CO. not by anybody.

cor
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Sorry dude, just tryin' to help.
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

yes Chris i understand and trust me really apreciate it much. also from al the other forumites here.

cor
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 17 November 2004 at 07:01 PM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

Cor....you might also try contacting the Better Business Bureau. They may be able to help mediate the dispute as well (although they have no legal power). Still, worth a shot.

Joe
Peter

Post by Peter »

Cor, my lawyer made a suggestion.
Check your email
(edit)
OOPS, YOUR EMAIL DOES NOT WORK!
Give me an address that works.
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Peter on 22 September 2004 at 01:30 PM.]</p></FONT>
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

jim,

i didn't know how it works in the states,
i got this adress from some forumites too and i try that but as i say earlier the second letter through emmons from them is going out this morning, and i believe the thirth wil going out for secure that means here that you have to sign for it by receiving the letter,

cor
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

Joe i wait on te results of the attorney general first i think,hope it would work
when not i try some other way (s)
what that should be we can think of it.

cor
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

and peter
thank you Peter i got your email,it works
the only way you think it won't is by my provider there are two email adresses on the server because i didn't know that because i was thinking i got one and that is

c.muizer@planet.nl

any way thank you al for your suggestions.

cor
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

in the land of litigation, I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested sueing the buggers !!!

I would for sure.
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

well paddy i think it should cost me a lot more than the $4500,00

and what should be the results?

cor
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

I can see two things here, a business deal started,
an interuption caused by a serious physical injury.

A continuation of the deal.

And then a cancellation of an order due to non recovery of health,
with the vendors caveat of needing another buyer for the EXACT same set up.
I find that hard hearted and un-necessary.
Not about needing a buyer, but for the exact same type.

If the cat has never touched it, and it never left the factory it's new. Even if some things were removed to lower the price for a partucular buyer. I certainly don't think a simple copedent change warrents much wait for a new buyer.

With the7-18 month wait list for a steel, from Emmons co,
I see no reason why there wasn't a buyer right at hand... panting for a new Emmons steel.

Secondly, if the argument is that it was a very expensive custom job...
well just take the parts off and sell to somebody keep the parts and refund the difference.

This SEEMS like a no brainer.

I certainly wouldn't be stressed if there were a few lever screw holes in the bottom, maybe some would, I but I think most wouldn't. Even if two wanted pritseen, likely the third would have said no problem.
They would be happy to have the steel sooner than later.

So it certainly makes one wonder why this course of action was rejected.

I also see a bit of language problem, ...and some one making fun of that...LOW blow dude.
I guess you have never lived where you didn't speak or write the language well.

Well I don't think the people at Emmons would have taken the order if they didn't understand Cor's speaking or writing.
So they can't say later.. Oh, we didn't understand him...That don't float either.

Now, with the attorney general involved, I can easily see why we haven't heard from Emmons co. / The Lashleys on this or the other thread.
The lawyers will say no public comments.

But it is in their best interests to expidite this and make it's resolution public... to the steel buying public.
PR might just be more important, even in this litiginous age you living over there.
Look how some are still ready to hammer the new MSA for the Old MSA and find fault with any effort at resolution.
I would be saddened to see the Emmons name in this predicament.

But it is a shame that "they apear" to have treated someone seriously injured in an accident and with detriorating health, as if he was just some deadbeat non payer changing his mind...
even if he HAS paid in advance.

I don't like that it has the affect of dragging Buddy's family name through the mud,
through No FAULT of his own. He sold the marque long ago... but I bet this gives him a few cringes privately.

Now It most likely is a series of communications errors at the Lashley end of things,
but this is also not a small thing for Cor... not a bit.

It also makes one think twice about putting down payments down. Especially from abroad.

Heck fire, we fouriners don't really count do we! We ain't git local lawyers.
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 22 September 2004 at 03:37 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 17 November 2004 at 07:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

A couple of years ago this gentle began calling our shop and requesting parts to build a steel guitar. We would visit at length. As many know we have sent parts to folks " open account" for many years. Meaning we would ship in "good faith" and let you mail in payment when received. And still do today. We began sending assorted big ticket items to this customer. We were paid at first. However, to date we are still owed several hundred dollars for 2 changers units. I saw these posts about his problem with Emmons and emailed him, since I didn't know how until now. He emailed back as if it were undeliverable himself to look like the server had done so. Like Mr.Hinson suggested, I too would have to see receipts for any money paid.Perhaps, the folks at Emmons have a side, too.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Would it be out of place an inappropriate to request that Buddy Emmons mediate this sad issue?
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Thanks Duane for the info.For some reason the good folks at Emmons would sit around and let the place fall in on them before defending themselves on thisforum.I guess they feel they have greater priorities.Sometimes I think they under estimate the power of the net......bb
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 17 November 2004 at 07:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

There are two side to every story. Too bad we only heard one.

I'm glad this matter has been turned over to the Attorney General's Office. They will get both sides of the story.

I look forward to their findings.

Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Well as the recent CBS flap has shown,for some years now, P.I.P s, (People in Pajamas), or the "Pajamahadeen" now have control of and instant access to information, and can send it around the world in a keystroke. Good OR bad.

Harley Davidson was totally forced into an extension of there warrantees for five years, and got as close to having to recall EVERY HD motor made in 99-00 as they can imagine because a couple guys in PJs got ahold of a PDF Service Bulletin about Cam Bearings. At first they tried the old "Lawsuit" gig, and it fell flat when they found out that tens of thousands of their customers had the same PDF file.

Businesses that want to compete MUST have a HANDS ON approach to information, and forget about "business as usual", ignoring things they think will go away they way they used to..

Mr's Hilton, Carter, Marrs, Fessenden, Seymour, and others seem to have "gotten" this. They learn they can solve problems instantly at a distance as well.

The internet is a GREAT tool, like the telephone. For the longest time, I'm sure businesses tried to ignore it too.

Damn.. the right foot of my Mickeys™ got caught under my chair... I hate that..

EJL<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Eric West on 22 September 2004 at 08:25 PM.]</p></FONT>
Farris Currie

Post by Farris Currie »

New DAY,4:30 AM,coffee taste good!!WELL,NEW
LIGHT ON SUBJECT!!Jim,sorry fot my slang!!
just tired of trash!! THANK YOU DUANE!!!!
Mabe we all can now see the other side of the
story!I THINK MARRS MUSIC SHOULD BE PAID TO!!
This is my last post on this subject!I got to
many FRIENDS and don't want no one hurt!ALL THE stuff being said isn't fixing the problems.EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
farris
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

Duane makes some good points, that also seem to parallel one or two of mine.

I am of an open mind, but also was noting that the apearances from one sided information can look bad. At least from a PR sense.

So maybe responding is better than not. and damn the lawyers.. or at least have them draft a response to post.

But IF the attorny general is actually pursueing this, there would have to be reciepts, electronic or otherwise, and a paper trail to follow.

If there is an issue between Cor and Duane, he should also clear this up toute de suite. Since they clearly are in contact now... If not by e-mail... right here.

I am NOT damning any side here, but am making observations...

Also Duane's post reminded me to send him a paypal for the lever kits I just got.
Asleep at the switch since I got back.
Thanks Duane, you're the best!