OAHU Label Artwork - FREE!

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Dennis Brooker

OAHU Label Artwork - FREE!

Post by Dennis Brooker »

A LOOOONG time ago I did some artwork to be an exact copy for an original OAHU label - If you want a jpeg image about 6" x 10" so you can reduce it to whatever size you wish I'll email you the file for FREE! If you wish PLEASE email me direct at dbrooker1(AT)windstream.net - It may take me a day or so but I'll do my best - Due to reasons I won't go into I can only be at my computer a few minutes a day - If I put this post in the wrong place I APOLOGIZE! Many thanks to ALL who have helped and dealt with me in the past :D

Image[/color]
Last edited by Dennis Brooker on 23 Feb 2016 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

First it's great that you took the time and effort to create this, Dennis, and very kind of you to offer it to the group.

I'd just recommend you save the image as a PNG rather than Jpeg.

JPG is what's known as a "lossy" format. Every time you re-open a JPG the quality deteriorates. After a few passes, compression artifacts pile up and can become easily visible to the eye. PNGs are lossless. For print quality, it should be at least 300 dpi - 600 is better.
Steel Guitar Books! Website: www.volkmediabooks.com
Dennis Brooker

Post by Dennis Brooker »

Andy - Also available now in PNG - The jpeg is now 600 dpi in stead of 400, and any one who knows how should be able to get a decent image from it as I intended for people to reduce the image to the size they desire which was my intention - If needed I also have a tiff version so let me know if you desire jpeg or PNG or a tiff that has more info, bigger sized file - SORRY but my time is limited on setting up at my computer and I'm doing my best - DB
Andy Volk wrote:First it's great that you took the time and effort to create this, Dennis, and very kind of you to offer it to the group.

I'd just recommend you save the image as a PNG rather than Jpeg.

JPG is what's known as a "lossy" format. Every time you re-open a JPG the quality deteriorates. After a few passes, compression artifacts pile up and can become easily visible to the eye. PNGs are lossless. For print quality, it should be at least 300 dpi - 600 is better.