Mickey Adams

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Baker

Mickey Adams

Post by Larry Baker »

I am not going to reference another post here, as I don't think I have to. I have known Mickey for several years now and have found Mickey to be the most honest and down to earth guy I have ever known. Mickey has done more for the steel guitar than anybody I know, and post's his instructional You Tubes for everyone to benefit by at no charge. I don't think anyone has a reason to bash Mickey here or anyplace else. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I agree. He recently made his Beginner's Guide available as a PDF file for only donations.

I could say a lot more but won't.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

Yeah, I read that and would have loved to jump in if it were in Feedback. Doesn't make any of us look good.
I've gotten Mickey's instructional material. I like what he does with the donations.

That other OP wants us all to know about his difficulties, and has even sent me a PM involving the most highly-placed member in a dispute.
It's now very easy for me to consider the source. Everything he does it out of place in boldface type as he struggles to get what he wants.
Ronald Sikes

Post by Ronald Sikes »

I'm not aware of the other post , however I'll say that anyone who knows Mickey would have to say that he is one of the kindest , generous , and most humble persons anyone could ever know. He's helped so many people just in the steel guitar community alone , I can imagine he's helped people outside of this realm as well knowing the individual that he is.
We should all be on this Forum to support one another and learn from each other. I'm always bothered by negative post on here . I mostly get on here to read and learn from what others contribute. I wish everyone would keep negative comments to themselves.

Furthermore, I wish there was a way non members couldn't even log on. This is a great place thx to b0b.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I looked at his currently running post, and saw no bashing. Is there another thread going?
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Steve Pawlak

Post by Steve Pawlak »

Another total thumbs up for Mr. Adams
He was very professional in rehabbing a Mullen guitar for me, posted positive feedback when I listed it for sale on forum, and sent me a copy of his in depth instructional book for the price of a donation of my choosing

Thanks
Charlie McDonald

Richard Sinkler wrote:I looked at his currently running post, and saw no bashing. Is there another thread going?
Well, I'm not going to spread bad press or name names, (never, not me) but if you'll do a search for 'Mickey Adams' under 'Steel Players,'
which he is, within three posts you'll find something that might be it, or you can just look down Steel Players and find one that's been locked.

And I mean this in the nicest way. :|
Karen Sarkisian

Post by Karen Sarkisian »

Loves me some Mickey Adams ! One of my favorite people in the world !
Image :mrgreen:
Emmons PP, Mullen G2 and Discovery
Richard Sinkler

Somebody PM'd me the link to the thread with the bashing. But considering the source, I'm not surprised.

I have nothing but the highest respect for Mickey. I chose to donate part of my website for his videos and other info. There was never any compensation, and I would have never asked for, or expected any. I so believe in his generosity with videos, guitar giveaways, and his book that I want to be another source for people to have access to this information.

I have posted in the past, that I would actually host the videos on my site, with desciptions telling what to expect, like what pedals and levers are used, so a viewer knows ahead of time if he has the right changes needed, and a direct download if you choose to do that. This eliminates the trip to YouTube and having ads at the beginning. As you can imagine, this is a very big task, as I have to watch every video. I have finished two of his categories, but had to put this on the back burner for a while due to health and personal problems. But I can post those one's I have finished in the next couple of days, and will start on the remaining categories tomorrow or Monday.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

I've never met Mickey but I would have no reason to ever question his integrity. As others have expressed, his deeds and reputation precede him.

I would just add that the other person in that exchange certainly did not help his own image and reputation here with that public temper tantrum. Quite the opposite for anyone who read it I'm sure, which is puzzling to me given his main activity here. He signed of with "Stay away from me and my threads and ads," something I'm absolutely certain that not just Mickey, but I and anyone else who read that exchange will gladly take him up on.

There are just way too many actual nice folks around here to spend time with. Like Mickey and y'all.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Anyone who actively participates in this Forum and its many facets can have no doubt what a selfless, caring person Mickey Adams is, one who truly has a love affair with the steel guitar and its players. The other party's affections however, apparently lean more toward cold hard cash and the Forum seems simply a way to achieve that end. Anyone vaguely familiar with the regard with which Mickey is held here would not have publicly attacked him in such a crude manner without thoroughly thinking it through. Way to shoot yourself in the foot!!!
Charlie McDonald

Ian Worley wrote:I would just add that the other person in that exchange certainly did not help his own image and reputation here with that public temper tantrum.
David Nugent wrote:Way to shoot yourself in the foot!!!
Bryan Hall

Post by Bryan Hall »

Me & the Delaware Destroyers Love us some mickey Adams!
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

David Nugent wrote:Anyone who actively participates in this Forum and its many facets can have no doubt what a selfless, caring person Mickey Adams is, one who truly has a love affair with the steel guitar and its players. The other party's affections however, apparently lean more toward cold hard cash and the Forum seems simply a way to achieve that end. Anyone vaguely familiar with the regard with which Mickey is held here would not have publicly attacked him in such a crude manner without thoroughly thinking it through. Way to shoot yourself in the foot!!!
well said david (!)
no one with a bit of cool and understanding what this forum is about would have acted like that. i can't imagine not cutting mickey that tiny bit of slack.
an interesting contrast between the two also is that
of course mickey would have, and does,any day of the week.

another contrast is that mickey knows the workings of a steel inside and out (as well as being an excellent player and teacher) and the new seller member doesnt appear even to be well acquainted with the workings of the instrument.
so it seemed like an odd exchange.
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

Mickey thanks for all your work on the forum and youtube and everything else you do to help and promote the steel guitar. Better ask Bob to block his PM's. It gets old quick.
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Richard Sinkler

Bill Lowe wrote:Mickey thanks for all your work on the forum and youtube and everything else you do to help and promote the steel guitar. Better ask Bob to block his PM's. It gets old quick.
We can do that? I have a few I would like to block. How about emails. If he can't PM, then he might email. You can choose to just not open them, but blocking would be so better.
Charlie McDonald

Let's don't go asking b0b to do more police work or suggest that Mickey do so. Better for forum members to understand where the line is
and police themselves and ourselves, and I think Mr. Adams has demonstrated that he can take care of himself.

Love those lovefest pictures!
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

I really didnt mean for Bob to do more work, not even sure he could do something like that. . It was just a show of support for Mickey and I understand the frustration. Sorry Bob!!!
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

I’m on my second Mullen from Mickey, and since the 1st one 6 or 7 years ago, consider him a friend... an HONORABLE one...

he’s called me several times... once, a while back just to Skype with me, because he wanted to show me something on Danny Boy...
just for giggles and grins, for almost 2 hours...

When it comes to Steel Guitars, the love of Steel Guitars and the promotion of Steel Guitars, Mickey Adams IS a CLASS ACT!!!...

Pretty sure he’s given more away concerning Steel Guitars than he’s actually made, but hope thats not true... Mickey goes OUT of his way to help.
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Patrick Laffrat

Post by Patrick Laffrat »

Mickey,
you are a very fine guy, you love pedal steel guitar, and more, you play it well!
Memory from Dublin's elevator shaft ! :)
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

For years I have watched Mickey on YouTube. About three years ago, through Jim Lindsey. got the opportunity to meet Mickey in person. In my very humble opinion, Mickey is a truly honorable man. A CLASS ACT. I am truly proud to call him a friend. Getting back to the story, Mickey came to visit with Jim. And they were coming to Denham Springs to surprise Hal Higgins. Hal was playing at a club in Denham that night.

I don't know who was surprised the most me or Hal. But nevertheless a good time was had by all.
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

chris ivey wrote:
David Nugent wrote:Anyone who actively participates in this Forum and its many facets can have no doubt what a selfless, caring person Mickey Adams is, one who truly has a love affair with the steel guitar and its players. The other party's affections however, apparently lean more toward cold hard cash and the Forum seems simply a way to achieve that end. Anyone vaguely familiar with the regard with which Mickey is held here would not have publicly attacked him in such a crude manner without thoroughly thinking it through. Way to shoot yourself in the foot!!!
well said david (!)
no one with a bit of cool and understanding what this forum is about would have acted like that. i can't imagine not cutting mickey that tiny bit of slack.

another contrast is that mickey knows the workings of a steel inside and out (as well as being an excellent player and teacher) and the new seller member doesnt appear even to be well acquainted with the workings of the instrument.
Chris, et al...

Only I wish I had the competencies to make selfless contributions as Mickey does and has. I just don't and can't.

I have met "The Mickster" once or twice and talked to him on the phone a few times. Class act for sure. Also, we share the same Philosophies about certain things.
He would have made a good team member in Iraq with my guys....I just know he would have.

The "Keyboard Cowboys" that spread their venomous attitudes on here should be banned with their trifling insults.

Mickey is a good dude, I would be glad to share a beer with him in Dallas......and actually, plan to do it.

BC OUT! 8)
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

chris ivey wrote:
well said david (!)

Chris, et al...

Only I wish I had the competencies to make selfless contributions as Mickey does and has. I just don't and can't.

I have met "The Mickster" once or twice and talked to him on the phone a few times. Class act for sure. Also, we share the same Philosophies about certain things.
He would have made a good team member in Iraq with my guys....I just know he would have.

The "Keyboard Cowboys" that spread their venomous attitudes on here should be banned with their trifling insults and baseless accusations. Mickey is a good dude, I would be glad to share a beer with him in Dallas......and actually, plan to do it.

BC OUT! 8)
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Jim Hinds

Post by Jim Hinds »

In the 2 years I have been playing steel and a member of this forum Mickey has helped me out more times than I can remember. I have met a lot of great people on this forum and Mickey is right at the top of the list.
Chris Sattler

Post by Chris Sattler »

It certainly seems that Mickey Adams is a pistol alright. His generosity is unmatched with his give-aways here on the forum. He is selfless in his helping other people and his youtube presentations would be sorely missed if he were to drift away.

On the other hand the other chap in the dispute, which lead to this thread well............ I'm not feeling the love from the steel community for him. He seems very cranky and difficult to deal with is my impression. If he were to drift away I doubt anyone would even notice... or really care.