Please close

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Susan Alcorn

Please close

Post by Susan Alcorn »

Please close
Last edited by Susan Alcorn on 30 Nov 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.susanalcorn.net

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver
Larry Weaver

Post by Larry Weaver »

It's always a treat to check your performances Susan. I especially liked the second piece. While I felt a really interesting tension throughout the first piece, the second piece was like a long form poem or story that for me just kept building a dialog of very interesting colors and textures. Definitely cool use of some of props in the second piece! The third piece was simply just fun to watch and listen to!

Each time I catch one of your shows or recordings, it cements the thought for me that you are a credit to our instrument and are pushing the boundaries (and our thinking) in all kinds of cool directions. Thank you for that!
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

A very interesting fretless quartet; it must've been a challenge playing with a Thereminist. Looks like you're pretty intent on each other.
(She's really got the effects pedals. I need to get me one of those things.) I enjoyed that track immensely, reminded me of something....

The denouement at the end of the second piece, where it gets dark, is something special.

The third one could be the beginnings of a new western swing.... The fiddle player was loving it, and the audience; so was I.
My bud in NYC would've liked to be there for this one.
Thanks.
Those that say don't know; those that know don't say.--Buddy Emmons
Neil McCollum

Post by Neil McCollum »

Beautiful, Susan!
Paul Hutzler

Post by Paul Hutzler »

very cool, susan! I hope you come back to Seattle soon! Paul
Carter S-10, Shobud D-10, Shobud Pro II D-10, Supro 8 String Lap Steel, Regal Black Lightening Dobro, and Excel D-10 with 10 pickups one for each string, one string for each amp