Thomas D-10 8-5 sold sold sold!

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Lonnie Portwood

Thomas D-10 8-5 sold sold sold!

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

I HAVE A SALE, PENDING PAYMENT

Gather round Boys and Girls, feast your eyes on this "candy"!! I don't think I've ever seen a better built guitar than this Thomas. Those of you who know me know that I Love "Fulawka" Steel guitars and Ed Fulawka, and I gotta say, this Thomas is in the same class. Take a look at the undercarriage, how beautifully arranged and engineered, with
precision made parts throughout.

This gtr belonged to a 90 + year old man who sold it to a pawn shop. I couldn't get His name, but From the looks, I'd say its been played very little. I played the E-9 neck and have never heard any guitar with more sustain, or tone (playing through my "Shobud "christmas Tree" JBL D-130). it was basically still in tune, only had to do minor tweaking. Cabinet is Mica, wood neck is sunburst lacquer.

If I were a C-6 player, this one would never leave my house, but I'm to old to start with that now, plus the weight. Guitar weighs 48 1/2, case 23 1/2.(less than MSA)

Folks, it simply gets no better than this, and in the words of Conway, "Darlin, you know I wouldn't lie" here's your chance to own a Rolls Royce for the price of a Chevrolet. Asking $3100 shipped to Cont US. I will include a new set of S.I.T. strings E-9. I don't have any C-6 sets. I did check E-9 and C-6 action and everything is accurate smooth. Set up Emmons, with E's raised RKR, lowerd RKL. Anyone interested can PM me for more info.

Don't let this one get by you. Thanks for looking. Lonnie

Last edited by Lonnie Portwood on 3 Jun 2016 7:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Steven Morris

Post by Steven Morris »

:whoa: What a beautiful axe. If I didn't already have two D-10s I'd be all over this one. Good luck with the sale. Morris.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

WOW & WOW, Beautiful. Good Luck, J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Jeff Heard

Post by Jeff Heard »

Wonderful guitars! I''ve had mine for 18 years, and it plays like new.
Lonnie Portwood

Thomas

Thanks, guys. I first discovered the Thomas on my first trip To ISGC in 1991 or 1992. Chet Gibson, and my self were checking the different steels set up in the hallway just outside the main room. I sat down to a Thomas and immediatly noticed the smooth action and unbelievable sustain! Another that highly impressed me was the Flynn, also with great tone and sustain.

Chet kept dragging me over to the Fulawka table, raving about those big maple bodies, smooth action and gorgous finishes.

Some of you know the rest of the story! We hooked up with Ed Fulawka, became the best of friends, and enjoyed the next several years in the Fulawka Room, jamming with some of the finest people / musicians in the country. Many Forum members graced us with their kindness and talent and we enjoyed many wonderful musical experiences in that room. I sure do miss those days.
So you can believe that Thomas in not a new-comer to the steel guitar family, in fact, I don't believe a better instrument has ever been built, Period! Thanks again. Lonnie
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

these are a real deal, they are beautiful, they sound great, and play like a dream... and workmanship is second to none ...
Tim Russell

Post by Tim Russell »

Beautiful guitar, and great clear photos of everything that a potential buyer would want to see, especially the end changer & underside. :)
Sierra Crown D-10
Larry Welter

guitar

Post by Larry Welter »

wow,,,the chrome plating is very nice,,,beautiful guitar,,,,,, :eek:
a few guitars,(Rickenbacker /610/ 40,s lap steel, 2007 emmons legrande,student Gs emmons,,,nashville 112
....,peavey classic 30 ,Nashville 400,,a few effect pedals,,everything except talent,(everyone wants to go to heaven,but no one wants to die to get there,) "steven jobs"?
Andy Eder

Post by Andy Eder »

Hi Lonnie,

Price please?

Thanks, Andy Tallahassee
Lonnie Portwood

$3,100 shipped, or in your case, I could meet you halfway. Thanks, Lonnie
Lonnie Portwood

Bump it up.
Nicholas Ackron

Post by Nicholas Ackron »

Beautiful steel sir.
Keith Bolog

Bankruptcy

Post by Keith Bolog »

....will be avoided in this order: Car, House, Wife, Thomas D10.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Lonnie Portwood

Look closely, you may pass up the best thing that ever happened to you (musically)
Don Ribordy

Thomas D10

Post by Don Ribordy »

PM sent.
Lonnie Portwood

Sale pending
Last edited by Lonnie Portwood on 4 Feb 2016 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
b0b

Post by b0b »

The place for your question is the Pedal Steel section of the forum. Ask it there.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Lonnie, I wanted that guitar but just didn't have the Bucks. I'm sure it is a $6000 made guitar but I think you're asking would someone give that much for that type workmanship. It's sorta like the Emmons wrap around deal except the Thomas isn't a collector item. If some one wants one and had the money, I'm sure they would give at least that for one. But even though it's probably as good or better than a popular brand, I'm sure there would be some hesitation about buying one for that much. That is the first one I've even seen and it is beautiful and your price was more than fair for the guitar.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Lonnie Portwood

Thanks, Bob, problem taken care of.

Thanks, Henry.
Bradley Brown

Thomas D-10

Post by Bradley Brown »

Hi Lonnie. Did you sell the Thomas? It says pending payment at the top. I sure would like to have it if it isn't already gone... I have single Thomas the same color and love it...
Bruce Wandmayer

Thomas Tuning Machines

Post by Bruce Wandmayer »

Lonnie, does that guitar have Grover Mini-Rotomatic tuners on it?
It is truly a beautiful instrument at any angle.
Bruce Wandmayer
Sedona, AZ
Steel on the rocks: shakin', not stirred
Lonnie Portwood

This guitar has been sold, long gone!