Roy Rosetta

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul King

Roy Rosetta

Post by Paul King »

Not sure where to post this. I have been thinking about many different shows across the states today. One man who has played so many even though he does not play steel is Roy Rosetta, who plays keyboard. Roy is a fantastic musician and he and Barbara are first class people. He has played at more steel shows than so many of us steel players. I just wanted to say a special "Thanks" to Roy and all the men and women who make up the staff bands. The shows could not happen without them.
Charlie Moore

Roy

Post by Charlie Moore »

Roy and Barbara both are class in SO many ways,feels good to play steel with Roy laying down the rhythm for you..been there...like I said "CLASS"...Charlie,
Use it up,wear it out,make it do,or do without.....
Jeffery Self

Roy

Post by Jeffery Self »

As they say, a fella like Roy is priceless. As stated Roy has played more steel guitar shows than most steel players.
The man has played with more top notch musicians than you can count. Roy and Barbara ARE fantastic people, and should be recognized for that every chance available!! :D :D :D
Thanks Roy, and Barbara for all of your efforts in these shows, both past and present!

Sincerely,
The Self's
If it's a penny for your thoughts!!!
Why must everyone put in their two cents worth???

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Yes, Roy and Barbara are both exceptional people. Roy can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Roy became part of the steel guitar scene because of Herbie Wallace. I can remember first time I saw and met Roy. I have never seen him stumped on a tune while taking a ride behind a steel player. Great musician and great people. He knows more steel tunes than steel players.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

In my book, Roy stands ten feet tall. My hat's off to him...
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Love Roy and Barbara! They are both precious to our community.
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Non better than Roy and Barbara! Roy is an amazing musician that can play any style and do it for hours on end.. Happy to call him a friend!
pdl20

Roy Rosetta

Post by pdl20 »

I wouldn't play a show without him. He is the best for sure. :D
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

Oh, I don't know......Roy is O. K. I guess.....Well. I suppose He'll do in a pinch!

Roy, you know I'm kidding!!!! Being on the stage with you is a truly humbling experience! You make a so-so player like me almost feel accepted, because you are always gracious, not showing disdain or disapproval, but treating us as musical equals, when we both know you are the "Master". Thank you for that, my friend. We love you and Barbara like family, and I regret that we don't get to see you more often. Lonnie and Johnnie
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

In my humble estimation, there is not another individual that is finer than Roy Rosetta. He and Barbara are definitely HIGH CLASS people. Playing a steel guitar show with Roy at the helm of the backup band is absolutely essential. I, too, would not want to do one without him. Keep up the great work Roy.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Charles Tilley

Post by Charles Tilley »

Super player and super man.
Charles Tilley ,
Princeton, Texas
George Duncan Sypert

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

I first met Roy at Mac's Steel Guitar Shop in Colorado Springs many years ago. At the time I had no idea of his talent level until I got on stage with him in Dallas a few years later. Roy is top of the line both as a person and a player of music. Hardly anyone who could do what he does for as many hours a day as he does at a steel guitar show.

His lovely wife is to be commended for her love and support of the entire steel community.

Look forward to seeing you in Dallas.

George
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Roy. Roy playes for us lesser players just as he does the professionals. I appreciate the support He has given me. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Gerald Keller

Post by Gerald Keller »

Given what he has contributed to the world of the Steel Guitar, maybe he should be considered for the Hall of Fame or another prestigious award? I have seen him three times at steel shows and he is amazing.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Barbara and I thank each of you for your kind, generous words you have expressed about us. Thirty plus years with the steel guitar world has made it possible for us to meet so many people and to acquire many wonderful close friends. We cherish each of these friendships and consider all of you our "Music Family".
Thank you again for thinking of us, we hope to see soon and may God send His blessings to you all. Wishing happiness and good health in this new year.

Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Roy.....Where do you start, Steel players best friend, A GREAT player, knows when and where and just what to play, he is a True Pro, and WE as steel players are always lucky to have him as part of show..!!!I always know when I take the stage, and to my left sits Roy, all will be Great!!..L@@KING forward to Dallas!!!..

Luv Ya Roy "aka" Piano Boy!!...
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

A man that REALLY deserves the kudos, pat on the back, and a hefty thank you... He makes us all sound like pros!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!