Desert Rose Steel Guitar new web site.

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

GARYPHILLIPS

Desert Rose Steel Guitar new web site.

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

Hey Guys, here the Desert Rose Steel Guitar new web site, www.desertroseguitars.com
Thanks Gary
GARYPHILLIPS

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

Hey Guys ?? what you think you like the Desert Rose Steel Guitar.just $2400.00 for a D-10 8-5 all wood Laquer finish body Image
thanks Gary<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by GARYPHILLIPS on 19 June 2004 at 09:43 PM.]</p></FONT>
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Hey Gary,
I think I like the purple one. Is there an email address? I looked on the site, but didn't see one. Duncan<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 20 June 2004 at 04:35 PM.]</p></FONT>
Shane MacArthur

Post by Shane MacArthur »

I should have my Desert Rose any day. Can't wait...

Chuck is a super nice guy...

I should also add:

I wanted his top of the line guitar, with an obnoxious color. He had several orders ahead of me and I was going to have to wait a bit...

Here is the neat thing, you can puchase one of his student models and he will give you 100% trade in on a pro model if you trade in within 1 year. How can you beat that?

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Shane MacArthur on 20 June 2004 at 03:07 PM.]</p></FONT>
GARYPHILLIPS

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

Hey Shane. what steel did you order from Chuck.I'm one of the guys that is ahead you my new steel from Chuck will be here soon.can't wait to get it.Thanks Gary.
Shane MacArthur

He is going to build me a 12 universal... The guitar was not the problem...Its the color I want....lol

I went a head and bought one of his student models to mess with until he gets to my guitar...Nothing to loose with 100% trade in...
GARYPHILLIPS

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

Hey Shane,has Chuck send you some pic of the steel guitar body he has done.if not I will send you some .also have look that the post Laquer Finish on pedal steel,that mite help you in what color you want.Thanks Gary
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

I should be getting my Desert rose Guitar anyday too, can't wait to get it, maple top and teal front aprons, Chuck is a super guy to deal with, and he has excellent finishes.
steveb. Desert Rose Guitar 8+5.
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Hey Duncan, you will have to call his number
that is posted on his website, he can e-mail you pictures of some of his guitars, give him a call. steveb Desert Rose guitars D10 8+5.
Shane MacArthur

Yes I have the pictures of the bodies he has...I want a specific color he doesn't know if he can match...That is the problem..

I am supposed to receive my student model today...I will try to post some pics when I get it...

Bart Maloney

Post by Bart Maloney »

How much did the student run you?
Shane MacArthur

$770 Three pedals, four knee levers, black mica, hard case, and shipping included...

Chucks email is : Figueroamaf@aol.com
Phone Number: 520-548-4654 (cell)

If you want pictures of the bodies he has finished I can forward the email to you....

Super nice guy...

Post by Guest »

Anyone who gets a new Desert Rose pedal steel, please send pictures to me to post on the House of Wood. These look like real nice instruments and I'd like to include them with all the other fine wood instruments in the House of Wood.

Remember, if it ain't wood, it's always something.
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Hey Stephen, When I get mine I will send photos of it to you, and I think Gary Phillips will send a picture of his too.
steveb. Desert Rose Guitar 8+5.
Blake Matthies

Post by Blake Matthies »

Hey folks, I took delivery of my new Desert Rose pro model on June 12th! It plays and sounds great! Check out the pictures on the House of Wood site: www.mightyfinemusic.com. I'll be sending more pictures to Stephen in the next few days, I'll take shots of the underside and the changer, etc....thanks for looking!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by b0b on 07 July 2004 at 04:51 PM.]</p></FONT>
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Hey Blake, that is one fine piece of wood you have there, I can tell the sound is out of this world. steveb.
GARYPHILLIPS

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

stingray

Post by stingray »

Hey ! Gary & Steve

Let me know how you like steel..I am always in the market to save on a good steel...

Gary ! they must be nice if you are giving up Zum....Good luck guy's

------------------
Gary L.Converse
(teach a kid how to play steel) KEEP PICKING!

Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Hey Stingray, all I can say is better place your order in for one before price goes up due to demand, a wood guitar is very hard to get at these prices, and it is aged wood which gives good excellent tone. steveb.
GARYPHILLIPS

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

hey Guys, my new Desert Rose Steel Chuck said should be done this week, Image Chuck said he has pics of it will be posting tnem on here soon

------------------
Gary Phillips
JUST-N-CASE PLUS
D-10 8/5 Desert Rose Steel Guitar

Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Gary...
I was down to see Chuck today, and he was putting the rods in your guitar. What a beautiful piece of tiger stripe in your guitar. I have to say that one has to be the prettiest guitar in his shop. It is GORGEOUS!!! I know you are gonna love it.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Southwestern Steel Guitar Association

Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I was there with Billy on Saturday and it is the second best looking guitar he is building - mine will be a Burrled Maple and it will be done as soon as yours it is out of my way.

HAHAHAHAHA C-ya Gary

Joe