low cost push pull by Promat ...PICTURES AND VIDEO ADDED

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Rick Barnhart wrote:Damir, will you be the sales rep for this line? I would think having you as the US based dealer would boost sales for Promat.
Rick, thank you my friend, but this is a small operation, and everything can be handled directly between buyer and a builder... and there is just not enough money to involve a middleman...Mr. Papic is very good when it comes to a customer service, and parts, there is no need for a sales rep...
Chris Grigsby

Color choice?

Post by Chris Grigsby »

I hope there will be an option for solid black mica...personally, I've never been a fan of the faux wood mica...it looks like a 70's era kitchen!
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.
Damir Besic

Re: Color choice?

Post by Damir Besic »

Chris Grigsby wrote:I hope there will be an option for solid black mica...personally, I've never been a fan of the faux wood mica...it looks like a 70's era kitchen!
Chris, I believe all the standard mica options that Promat uses will be available, so I am sure black will be available :) ... as well as pedal, and knee lever kits
Zoran Kosir

Post by Zoran Kosir »

Hi. HNY 2016. I agree with Damir. Very interesting PROMAT SE-10, with a very good tone, sustain ... I have to say I'm really satisfied with SE-10 model. TNX to Promat for push-pull economy model. I own this guitar since 2011 with no problems.

PROMAT PRO S10, PROMAT SE10 Economy, Goodrich, Fender Steel King.
Mirko Tomic

Mirko Tomic,Serbia

Post by Mirko Tomic »

These are the links where I try out Promat steel guitars :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baObNwT ... YuTeJz17-o
One of them is Economy model,and the other is D10 model.
Mark Hershey

Post by Mark Hershey »

I already have a PP, but I think its a great idea. Would it be a precise knock off?
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

This kind of topic is always hilarious!!!
Folks say they want a new light weight E9 pedal steel for around $1,500 but they want the same co pendent possibilities and beautiful cabinet of the higher priced pedal steel.
If this topic goes long enough someone will want more strings and another neck :lol:
mike nolan

Post by mike nolan »

Make a black one and they will sell like crazy.
Drew Pierce

Post by Drew Pierce »

I like the idea, but without any chrome trim on the front of the cabinet, the look, to me, screams "Economy Guitar". How much more would it cost to add those little pieces? $25? $50?
Drew Pierce
Emmons D10 Fatback, S10 bolt-on, Zum D10, Evans RE500, Hilton volume and delay pedals.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

...or even an inexpensive yet tastefully applied black (or colored) plastic trim. ..kind of like guitar binding.
i think it would improve the look.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Drew Pierce wrote:I like the idea, but without any chrome trim on the front of the cabinet, the look, to me, screams "Economy Guitar". How much more would it cost to add those little pieces? $25? $50?
You could add them yourself at home, if you need to have more expensive-looking guitar for some reason. :mrgreen:
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

Stuart Legg wrote:This kind of topic is always hilarious!!!
Folks say they want a new light weight E9 pedal steel for around $1,500 but they want the same co pendent possibilities and beautiful cabinet of the higher priced pedal steel.
Yes, this does make my comment seem silly.
"I'll take that Porsche, but can you put some more chrome on it?"
Patrick Thornhill

Post by Patrick Thornhill »

I kind of like the subdued, form-follows-function look. Of course I also like beautifully figured wood under lacquer and those multicoloured pearl mica Mullen too!
Still, there's something kind of modernist about the plain look - it would look right at home next to your Saarinen womb chair and Danish walnut hi-fi...

:D :wink:
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I'd like one - if it's black and if the price stays around the point that's currently projected.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I would try one as I am always open to try something new and different, provided it would be easy to maintain...I aint very mechanically inclined...more like declined in fact ! :) or :(
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

Damir
An S12 3x5 would work for me , but I also know that us 12 string players would be left till last if at all ...Just a thought .....Jim
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

guitar will be available in black, it will be as easy to maintain as any other push pull, and it will be brand new, so there wont be anything to maintain for quite some time ... James, this model wont be available as S12 , but you can order a regular professional model Promat S12 ...
Mirko Tomic

Mirko Tomic,Serbia

Post by Mirko Tomic »

The appearance of the instrument is quite important but for this economic type is acceptable.
This type PROMAT PSG P/P SE-10 Narrow 3 + 4 is a basic type where it is possible to add additional levers and pedals or they can be ordered and then added to PROMAT. However, it is necessary to pay the difference for installment of the necessary parts or to order the set which is requested by a customer.
Production deadline has to be from 6 to 8 months since it has been produced for a well-known buyer and a customer. At the same time advance payment has to be given for the start of the works as well as periodical payment until the full amount of the arranged price for the production of PSG.
PROMAT will not be able to have all parts in stock but they will be delivered to a customer in 45 working days.
- All Economy types PROMAT PSG do not have a tone control and a switch.
- Promat can produce PSG SE-10 both variants for those who want C6 tuning.
- The cost of transport and insurance, custom duties and responsibilities for the condition of the instrument received by indigenous authorities fall on the purchaser.
http://www.promat-steel-guitars.com/
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Wouldn't you be competing with quite a few used Emmons S-10 push pulls, sometimes at or near that $1500 price point? And the Emmons GS-10 can still be found. Just wondering about the market realities, Damir.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Martin Vigesaa

Post by Martin Vigesaa »

Damir Besic wrote: you are 100% correct my friend... btw..I am still looking for my old black Promat D10 ..you wouldn't happened to know who has it?
I still have a black Promat D10 I purchased from you in 2012.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Martin Vigesaa wrote:
Damir Besic wrote: you are 100% correct my friend... btw..I am still looking for my old black Promat D10 ..you wouldn't happened to know who has it?
which one is it Martin? I cant remember
Martin Vigesaa

Post by Martin Vigesaa »

Damir Besic wrote:
Martin Vigesaa wrote:
which one is it Martin? I cant remember
info sent via pm
Zoran Kosir

Post by Zoran Kosir »

Hi. For those who is interesting to hear live PROMAT SE-10.
I'm a begginer on PSG, only about 80 hours of playing, so no vibrato (hahahaha) with guitar amp Fender Deluxe. With my Steel King amp tone is better.
This video is just for an INFO how sounds Economy model. It's amateur playing, need to work hard with technique ... Temperature -5 deg. Celsius - very cold to play. 27.12.2015

https://vimeo.com/152353502
https://vimeo.com/152354908

Thanks for watching.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

what a great job with 80 hours of playing, and on -5C ..thank you my friend... sounds great on that frozen stage lol .... I'm in the process of ordering a new Promat SE10 Nerrow, and waiting on Mr.Papic to email me the invoice ... keep on picking my friend, you are doing great...
Zoran Kosir

Post by Zoran Kosir »

Hi Damir. TNX, I know my playing is very poor, but this year I hope I'll have more time to play PSG and improve my vibrato and technique. That's nice you ordered PROMAT Narrow. Congrats. You can find me also on facebook. All the best.
Last edited by Zoran Kosir on 22 Jan 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.