help

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Cascio

help

Post by Mike Cascio »

happy holidays to all my first time to post hope I'm in right spot read
lots and have always gotten good advice now I'm in south Texas Beaumont does any one know of someone who teaches in this area I need some 1 on 1 also is there any steel jams down south here I could attended without driving hours also have a Blanton custom d10 setup day would like set up to Emmons and checked out what an easy guitar to play no effort is there someone down here who I could take this to
also my Emmons pps10 was set up by mike cash came back like new mine is red rare I was told black tuning key instead of chrome no serial # has name bob underneath on one end when I bought was told some one who played Louisiana hayride might have ones this mike cas said it was common for these to go out back without numbers if this guitar sound familiar please let me know l played country out of new Orleans for years yes country on bourbon St two steel players worked with me earl Ortega Johnny Boonville l sang and fronted my bands god blessed me with great musicians backing me up lm new to steel and having a blast any help would be appreciated steel radio.com rocks through jbl charge at work drives young guys crazy great people even called me to make sure I was getting stream on android tune in radio worked I have a tip for those with sealed pots on voulumn pedal take a v thread file on bottom edge file till you have crack open it a little with sharp edge knife do this with edge down so after you spray cleaner you can sit it down and it will drain any exsis worded like champ on my old Emmons thanks
Mike Cascio

mike cas

Post by Mike Cascio »

sorry didn't realize I misspelled his name mike cas worked on my Emmons great guy and work
Tim Russell

Post by Tim Russell »

Great story, but OMG does your keyboard have a busted period? You know, that dot at the end of the sentence. The lack of punctuation is killing me. :P
Sierra Crown D-10
Mike Cascio

name on guitar j c cox

Post by Mike Cascio »

sorry about punctuation. the name on the end plate is j c Cox not bob. bob Ingram was another steel player that worked with me. we were to start a gig on bourbon St. the week Katrina hit. we lost contact and I found him this last week. any body know of j c cox that had a red s10 pro Emmons? thanks again.hope this is better to understand. the letters are blue.
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

Look up Laine Thibodeaux on Facebook. I don't think he's on the forum but he's a great player and lives in Port Arthur. I believe he gives lessons.
Mike Cascio

Post by Mike Cascio »

thanks found him and sent message
Tim Russell

Post by Tim Russell »

Post pics of that Blanton custom d10 sometime?

From what I've seen of them, they are top notch steels. I'd love the opportunity to sit down at one sometime. Hang on to that one! :)
Sierra Crown D-10
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

the emmons with black tuning keys may be a GS10 model.
Mike Cascio

Post by Mike Cascio »

mike cass said it was pro
Mike Cascio

Post by Mike Cascio »

heres my Blanton custom
Image[/url]
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

The Emmons is definitely pro and the Blanton is definitely neat.
Mike Cascio

Post by Mike Cascio »

Mike Cascio

Post by Mike Cascio »

the Blanton is like Lincoln to maverick plays effortless the Emmons is just neet neet neet,sounds awesome just like old records.god was with me when I found this 400.00 he will provide. patience is a virtue
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

yeah, it is a pro model....with black pegs and pedals!
interesting.
Tim Russell

Post by Tim Russell »

You sure have a couple of mighty fine axes there, no doubt! :D
Sierra Crown D-10
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

...I'm in south Texas Beaumont...
I would have to drive NORTH and east for about five hours to get to where you are! :lol:

Welcome to the Forum. We always need more Texans on here.
Lee, from South Texas - Down On The Rio Grande

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat