Cor's Undelivered Emmons

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

sorry....double reply<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ronald ! on 21 September 2004 at 12:00 PM.]</p></FONT>
Farris Currie

Post by Farris Currie »

Hey RON,i gotta make it till the end of the month to!!also SOCIAL SECURITY don't give much for steels!!ha
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

hey guy's,

use another topic please,

Farris Currie

Post by Farris Currie »

sorry cor,didn't mean to use your space!!
Hey RON,gotta go to store,see ya later!!!
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

well farris doesn't matter but it won't link to the things they wrote here.

cor
basilh

Post by basilh »

^

------------------
<SMALL>Steel players do it without fretting</SMALL>

http://www.waikiki-islanders.com

Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

well thank you................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cor
kevin grissom

Post by kevin grissom »

First let me say that I love my Emmons Steel and probably will never change to anything else, but I had a bad situation back in 1986 with the Emmons Guitar Company, I was playing a club in Charlotte NC, so one day i decided to go up to the factory and take a look around, i had a wonderful time up there and all the guy's treated me like one of the family. So after i left i decided to order me a new guitar, I sent a required $200.00 deposit and was told it would take about 8 weeks for the guitar to be made, so i waited 8 weeks and gave them a call, the answer was 8 more weeks,so i waited and called again, and the answer 8 more weeks, and this just continued for 1 Year, Well the band i was playing with split up and i wound up moving back to my home town, so i called the compnay and told them that it had been so long that i didn't even want the guitar anymore just to send my deposit money back and we would forget it, and i was told that that would be just fine! Two months later still no money back, I again called and i was told that the money had been mailed, two month later still no money!! So i called a attourneys office there in Burlington and talk to them and they told me that i wasn't the first case like this they had seen! But i finally did get my money back, they did refund it to me. So when i got ready to order me a new Emmons for the second time i went to a dealer and Bam!! He got it just like that! I was so shocked at how fast he got it!! So maybe you guy can work things out, Try to get a dealer to deal for you! This is a bad situation and nobody wins!!
Scott Appleton

Post by Scott Appleton »

I think its a bad way to do biz.
what's wrong Buddy?

------------------
Mullen S12 Almost Mooney
71 Tele, Regal 45
Sho Bud S10 NP
Line 6 Flextone 3 + JBL D130
Billy McCoy

Post by Billy McCoy »

Wow.....

It sounds like a bad dream.
I love emmons guitars too...even though I play an MSA.
As a business owner myself, you have to be responsible enough to keep the books straight and to do business ethically.
On the other hand...there is always another side to the story.

I really think this situation should have never been posted on the forum...this is not the place. Then again, Cor has done all he could do and posted originally to get help from the Steel Guitar community...I probably would have done the same thing after I exhausted all other resources.

It is just sad. I know the Lashley's are trying their best to keep it going.

I think the Lashley's will do the right thing by you Cor...whatever that might be.

Feeling for ya bro.

b

------------------
MSA Millennium D10, Walker Stereo Steel, Stone Tree Custom Tele, LINE 6 Vetta II and POD XT PRO

HowardR

Post by HowardR »

<SMALL>I really think this situation should have never been posted on the forum.</SMALL>
I strongly disagree.

This serves to protect and educate the buyer. Because of this forum, I know who is 100% and who is less.

People will know who they are dealing with and what they may expect. Because of a thread like this, hopefully, nobody else should ever be in the position that Cor is in.

A thread like this also shows a company's business ethics. I would REALLY like to hear the other side of the story. We all really need to hear something from the Emmons company. If not directly from the owners, an intermediary or someone representing them at least.

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by HowardR on 22 September 2004 at 09:20 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I agree with Howard's disagreement.

As long as there are facts, not speculation.

Many people don't even know that Buddy has had no involvement in the company for many years.
Chris Forbes

Post by Chris Forbes »

I agree, I got burned by a dealer who has given so many people problems that b0b has removed him from the forum links. I think problems like these need to be brought to the public's attention, as long as the buyer has tried all remedies first and is still getting no satisfaction, NO MATTER WHAT COMPANY.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I'm reqesting this be closed because the discussion is continuing at http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum5/HTML/008582.html