SOLD....Please Close

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
John McIntosh II

SOLD....Please Close

Post by John McIntosh II »

Vintage 60's Airline guitar and tube amplifier...I believe the guitar model is an F-65 (from what I can see of the faded numbers inside thee soundhole), and the amplifier is a model 62-9013a. I had a professional amp repairman go through the amp and clean the pots and anything else that was needed, and this little amp will really put out that vintage tone! Won't separate, as this is a rare set and too good to just get part of it! If you want to ooze that good ol' vintage vibe and own a piece of true rockabilly history, here's your chance! Guitar's frets have been polished, fingerboard oiled and new D'Addarios have been strung up on the instrument. It has that roadworn look, but rest assured everything functions and plays properly, it just has that comfortable feel of a well loved and worn in guitar. There has been question about the wiring to the pickups sticking out of the soundhole on the guitar. The reason why this was not noticeable on other guitars of this same model, is that there was originally a pickguard that covered those wires up...I assure you that was the way the guitar came from factory, and nothing has been altered on the electronics. These are the original pickups (I believe DeArmonds)! The Amp I would rate in its condition at least an 8, maybe 9. Look at the pics for better details. The price is $800 plus PayPal & Shipping to the Lower 48.

Feel free to message me with any/all questions!

Image[/img]
Last edited by John McIntosh II on 22 Dec 2015 8:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
John McIntosh II

Gonna go ahead and drop it to $1000 to see if there are any bites out there...
John McIntosh II

On down she goes.....$900 Gents! Plus PayPal and Shipping of course...
John McIntosh II

Down to $850 +PayPal/Shipping!
John McIntosh II

Bump and price reduced to $800 plus PayPal and shipping. Happy Labor Day Gents! :)
John McIntosh II

About forgot about having this set listed here still....Bump just in case anyone might be looking for something retro to add to their collection ;)
John McIntosh II

Monthly bump!
Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

somebody please buy this so I can stop lamenting my lack of funds!
:oops:
John McIntosh II

Reduced due to finding something I'd like to buy pretty quickly! $650 plus PayPal & Shipping!
Troy Engle

Post by Troy Engle »

PM Sent. Thanks!
John McIntosh II

Still available! I will also separate the guitar and amp for those who might be interested....$375 plus PP and Shipping on the Hollowbody, $250 + PP/Shipping for the Amp (or $600 for both).
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Thats just a smokin deal.... honestly.. A few years back I would have jumped all over it... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
John McIntosh II

Thanks Bob! Amp sold on eBay and is on its way to Ohio....Hollowbody is still up for grabs!
Troy Engle

Post by Troy Engle »

I offered $650 including shipping and paypal for it yesterday, and was turned down. $600 plus shipping and PP isn't much more than $650 I wouldn't think. Doesn't make any sense to make less money selling it on eBay. Can't find the completed listing on ebay either. Scratching my head. Oh well!
John McIntosh II

Perhaps there was a communication error, Troy, but what I was offering was $600 and buyer pays shipping and paypal costs, not inclusive for the $600 price. If you are saying that $600 plus the cost of PayPal and Shipping wouldn't cost me much more to cover myself, then you apparently have not shipped both a guitar and amplifier together (This is why I separated the two, as most people did not want to buy both due to the higher cost of shipping both together). Anyhow, the guitar is in fact still up for grabs, and I can say that the amp was shipped from a fairly close distance (from Eastern Kentucky to Southwestern Ohio), weighed in at just under 25 pounds, and was right around $27 to ship....guitar should be about 10 pounds packaged and in theory I would think should cost a little less to ship to a similar distance (unless the larger dimensions plays a big factor).
John McIntosh II

Guitar sold on eBay. Admin, please close the listing out. Thanks!
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

wow what a deal, if I had seen this before I would have bought it, just to have it ... super nice set up for 600 bucks... with or without the shipping...