Fender Lap Steel

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Chris Sheffield

Fender Lap Steel

Post by Chris Sheffield »

Can Anyone of You forumites tell me something about my Fender Lap Steel, I own one with serial nr.8160, how old is this lap steel and what is it worth ? It is a six string lap, with one original pick-up.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Unfortunately without a better description, it's impossible to even guess which model you have, much less the value.
I have some photos of Fender lap steels on my web site which should allow you to identify the model you own.
Based on that and a better description of what you have, we can provide "guesstimates" of its value.

------------------
Brad's Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars

Chris Sheffield

Post by Chris Sheffield »

Mr.Brad Bechtel,
Thank You for your quick reply. I'll try to give some information. It's very much alike the Champ on your picture, As far as I can compare, the name on my steel has a black background, and beside the name Fender it also has the name of the place it was manufactured: Fullerton California,it's also a black metal label .The pick-up is also black, and there are two volume knobs on it, one for volume and one for the tone.The tuning head has also the name of Fender with Pat. nr :2.838974. I hope this will do, cause
I just haven't got more information. I own this steel now for about 30 Years.The metal parts are chrome plated.