West Texas Steel Guitar Assn. Jam 10/11/2015 Albany, Texas

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Randall Palmore

West Texas Steel Guitar Assn. Jam 10/11/2015 Albany, Texas

Post by Randall Palmore »

The WTSGA invites all players, enthusiasts and fans to the historic Aztec Theatre in Albany, Texas on Sunday Oct. 11, 2015, music starting at 1:30 pm.. The building will open at 12:30 for load-in and set up..Please unload at the rear of the building.. We encourage all steelers to come and play. Back-up musicians will be on hand or tracks can be used if so desired. Looking forward to seeing our regulars and hopefully some new faces. We'll have refreshments on hand in the kitchen.. Donations to the association are encouraged. See you there!!
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Betcha I'll be there. That's a very nice theater. Maybe we'll get some players from the east.
Randall Palmore

WTSGA gathering

By all means Danny, we invite all players! There will be a bass rig, guitar amps, drums, full PA, extra steel amps.. So gather up folks that you want to pick with or we'll have someone to back you up. Make the trip to Albany for an afternoon of steel guitar music! It is great old theater with super acoustics.. In fact Red's Boys In the Bunkhouse for RFD TV was filmed there for a few seasons.. It's a great sound stage!
Jim Keeney

Post by Jim Keeney »

I plan to be there. Thanks
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

Sounds like fun. Too bad it is so far away from me.
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Maybe...... :roll:
Sho-Bud LDG....NV1000
Hilton Pedal
Fender Jazz bass and MB210 amp
Richard Smelker

Post by Richard Smelker »

I will be there, probably a little late - Our church service doesn't get out until 12:30 or so.
Looking forward to listening to some great steel music!!!
Richard Smelker
assorted 6 & 12 string guitars, Sho-Bud Maverick to play on, a Roland Cube 80Xl, a Peavey 130, Digitech digital Delay, distortion pedal, Melotron pedal, Keyboards and a MOYO pedal.
A new DAW system that I'm using to create a Christian music CD of original songs. Ordained Minister, Riding for the Brand of Jesus Christ.
Larry Toliver

Post by Larry Toliver »

I will be there....Good Lord Willin' and the creek don't rise! I'm looking forward to seein' everyone and pickin some good steel stuff. We will have been at the Baxter Springs Kansas show the week earlier, so I'll be good and ready. See ya'll there!
Larry T
Randall Palmore

Wtsga

Looking forward to seeing Danny, Jim, Richard, Larry T, and "Tree", to my ole buddy Dave Grothusen: according to my map, it's only 480 miles, don't let logistics get in the way! Just joking! Hope to see you Dallas. Take care RP
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Looking forward to seeing everyone and doing a
Lot of howdy and shaking. Thanks to Danny Letz I get too play my Carter. He did a great job completey changing every pedal and all knee levers to my set up. Plays really
Easy now.
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Aw shucks Ray, you're too kind.
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

What is the street address ?
Sho-Bud LDG....NV1000
Hilton Pedal
Fender Jazz bass and MB210 amp
Randall Palmore

Wtsga

Bobby- the address is 141 S Main. You can't miss it, just through our one stoplight, downtown, on your right coming from Abilene. Hope you can make it. I sure would like pick with you.. maybe on "The Old Water Mill"! Glad your feeling better! RP
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Thanks Randall....I am gonna' try hard to make it....Don't think there will be any pickin' tho...just whole lot of listening. I hate to disappoint Danny.....I know he would be looking forward to the Old Watermill........
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

I worked the ole water mill up and then never got to do it, so I done forgot it again, But I'll be anxious to see you again Trees, play or not.
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Be on Yer toes Danny....& you too Randall....I am gonna steal every pretty lick that I can from you!
Jim Keeney

The Old water mill

Post by Jim Keeney »

The Old watermill,
Danny, is that the one that Haggard had out?
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Hi Jim.....Long time...No see. That is the one.
Jim Keeney

Post by Jim Keeney »

Hi Bobby, I hope you can make it Sunday it will be great to see everyone. And yes it has been a while.
See you there.
Randall Palmore

Wtsga

Up !!! Hope to see everybody on Sunday at the Aztec, downtown Albany ! RP
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Good pickin' everyone. I especially enjoyed the visiting with everybody.....Hope to see all of you again real soon. For the folks from Sweetwater...The name I was trying to think of was Lindell Smith. Again thanks to everyone for a good time and visit.

"Tree"
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Bobby, great seeing you. If you were talking about the Lyndall Smith I knew, I think he has passed away. I played some with Lyndall and his wife Bobbie.
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Thanks Danny....The one I was talking about Played Fiddle and his wife sang.....I think they were from somewhere around Blackwell. In fact they were at one of the meetings at Downtown Merkel.
Rex Mayfield

Post by Rex Mayfield »

A great big thank you to all you guys for making me feel welcome. You all were so inspiring and helpful! Made me feel like apart of a wonderful family! Bobby, Danny's right, you were talking about Lyndel and Bobbi.I use to play with them. And, yes, Lyndel passed away maybe a year or more ago. They were from the Nolan area.
Rex Mayfield

Post by Rex Mayfield »

A great big thank you to all you guys for making me feel welcome. You all were so inspiring and helpful! Made me feel like apart of a wonderful family! Bobby, Danny's right, you were talking about Lyndel and Bobbi.I use to play with them. And, yes, Lyndel passed away maybe a year or more ago. They were from the Nolan area.