alum. casting mold

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Ripperden

alum. casting mold

Post by Bob Ripperden »

Does anyone have for sale or tell me where to purchase a Permanent mold for casting an alum. Tuning head for 10 string steel guitar?
please PM me
BOB
Rain (The Spirit) SD-10 E9th 4 and 6. Three Fender Princeton 112s, one Peavey Duce ,two strats, Three Teles, one Applause , One 335 style Washburn, two Guitargans and lots of video and recording stuff.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I have a Perm on my bench. If keyhead removal isn't a big pain, I might be able to sandcast you a plaster copy.
It'd be up to you to turn it back to sand.
If the original foundry used a mold instead of sand, I bet the molds are long gone.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

So, how many castings do you want to make, and do you want to copy something that was already produced, or design something yourself?
Bob Ripperden

alum casting

Post by Bob Ripperden »

I have some ideals for making a student pedal steel and I want to cast many, copy one that's already made unless it has a patent.
Rain (The Spirit) SD-10 E9th 4 and 6. Three Fender Princeton 112s, one Peavey Duce ,two strats, Three Teles, one Applause , One 335 style Washburn, two Guitargans and lots of video and recording stuff.
Russell Adkins

Post by Russell Adkins »

sent you a pm
Bob Ripperden

alum. casting

Post by Bob Ripperden »

thanks Russ, sent you a PM