Ed Naylor

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ron !

Ed Naylor

Post by Ron ! »

A couple of days ago i e-mailed Ed and asked him if he had some connectors for a Sho-Bud LDG.A guy over here asked me if i could get a hold on these parts.Ed mailed me back and told me that he had the parts i needed to fix this PSG.
Today the mailman came and handed me the package and i asked the man what the costs where.
And this is what the man said...."No Costs".

None.

Ed you are a great man and i thank you from the bottom of my heart.There should be more people like you in the world.

Ron
Ed Naylor

Post by Ed Naylor »

Glad to be of help. My only request is for you to keep playing and promote STEEL GUITAR.Ed Naylor Steel Guitar Works.
Rick Collins

Post by Rick Collins »

Ronald, send Ed a $100 tip. Image

Ed, how about those 18 degree Fender leg sockets. Image

Rick
...in sunny Southern California.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Hey, Ed, that's nice, you are a good man, but where are my Pro 1 parts I ordered 3 months ago, which I am willing to pay for?....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Ed Naylor

Post by Ed Naylor »

Rick- Believe it or not I got your sockets yesterday. It has taken months and finally I will make a bunch because everybody wants them. AL Your Sho-Bud knees went out yesterday. Most forumites don't understand you can't find parts easily for 40 year old guitars.It is the same as trying to find a windshield for a 55 Kaiser or an old Edsel hubcap. I could write a book about Steel Guitarist wants and problems. ED
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

<SMALL>knees went out yesterday</SMALL>
Mine went out two years ago.....Ed, you got a socket for my left hip? Image
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Thanks, Ed, I appreciate it.....al Image Image

------------------

Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

Ed....any chance you might have a snapshot of that old Kaiser? Or, perhaps a Frazier?
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Ray-I wish I had a pix. I had a 1948 Frazer Manhatton when they came out. It was a fine care for it's day.....al Image Image

------------------

Ed Naylor

Post by Ed Naylor »

Ray- I don't have a pic of the old Kaiser but, I do have one of the 57 Nomad I sold for $200.Also a pic of the 71 Fleetwood Cad I cut 31 inches out of and made a coupe.It is still sitting in Goodlettsville, Tn in a junk yard. IF I HAD ONLY bought the 52 Muntz TV Jet for $200.and not sold the 59 Imperial Conv for $50..Memories like these are the reason I am in the "JUNK" parts busin ess for Steel Guitars.ED
Andy Zynda

Post by Andy Zynda »

Oh my God!
A 57 Nomad...
The Holy Grail of cars for a Chevy guy like me.
UP here in Wisconsin, all the old nifty cars are rusted to death.
Dont see many Nomads. Just the coolest looking car (to by eyes) that was ever made.
-andy-
Ed Naylor

Post by Ed Naylor »

I was in the auto business for years. I remember the 55 SAFARI I made into an EL CAMINO-The 60 T-Bird I converted to a "RANCHERO" The 61 Ford Van I narrowed the body to mount the WORLD'S LARGEST STEEL GUITAR {I never finished it}I was heavy into "CUSTOM" cars that's how I got into the wild "PEDESONIC" Fiberglass Steels. I always wanted something different.ED
Jon Kemppainen

Post by Jon Kemppainen »

Hi Ed,
Please call or email me with an update on my Dekley Knee lever parts order. It will be nice to know when to expect them since I sent the money in advance. I haven't gotten any responses to multiple calls or emails and am concerned....
Ed Naylor

Post by Ed Naylor »

Jon- Apparently there is a problem with getting to you.One message was garbled. and the other the # I tried to call and got no answer. In going back thru the records I find a difference in the #. I have found most of the parts you want,but say the word and I will refund your money immediately.ED
Jon Kemppainen

Post by Jon Kemppainen »

Thanks Ed. You've got mail.

Jon
Tony Lehr

Post by Tony Lehr »

I was in need of a connector for my old 3 pedal sho-bud. Ed not only sent me a connector, he sent me an extra one plus a set of strings. You've got a great person on the steel forum and I sure respect him for his great kindness. We can learn much from his kindness. My next steel guitar is definitely coming from Ed's shop! Your a shining beacon Ed! Live long and prosper.
Steve Zinno

Post by Steve Zinno »

Ed, any progress on the parts we discussed for my old Sho-Bud Pro ? it was brass tuning barrels, ball joints, and the parts for a left knee moving right. let me know if you need any other info from me. thanks a lot, and always a pleasure speaking with you!

------------------
steve z.