Don Carson passes

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Don Ricketson

Don Carson passes

Post by Don Ricketson »

Central Texas long time musician and piano played Don Carson passed away last Wednesday. Memorial services are at Menard Tx. 2:00pm Wednesday Sept. 2nd. Don was well known around Central Texas and played with many local bands through the years. He was 66.
GFI D10-8/6 Black/Red
Zum Encore 4/5 Red
Justice ProLite 3/4 Black
2-Nashville 112

"Making The Stars Shine"
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Another one of the "Good Guys" . Always liked working with Don....He knew what and especially when to play. ...He will be missed by many.

ADIOS COMPADRE.........Bobby R.
Don Ricketson

Post by Don Ricketson »

Yeah Bobby, he always paid attention to what was going on on stage and his surroundings. He will be missed...Prayers for Janet and the family. Hope to see you and Coy Moses at the Memorial tomorrow. There will be lots of our old Central Texas pickin buddies there. RIP.... Don Carson :cry: .
GFI D10-8/6 Black/Red
Zum Encore 4/5 Red
Justice ProLite 3/4 Black
2-Nashville 112

"Making The Stars Shine"
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

I played many times with Don. So sorry to hear of his passing. It's too far for me to make it to the service, but please convey my condolences to the family.
Price Porter

Post by Price Porter »

I am sad and Down low to hear of don's passing.he was my friend and music buddy from those years of playing london dance hall.he was a great piano player who knew how to make the steel guitarist sound his best.