New Justice Steel

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Dillard

New Justice Steel

Post by Gary Dillard »

Special thanks to Fred Justice for this incredible guitar. The Pro-Lite (4 x 5) is exactly what I was looking for. I recently had to take this guitar out west and found the weight of 47lbs to be perfect for the flight.

Since this is the first single neck I have ever owned I am trying to get use to the pedals being a little further apart than a double neck, but I'll work that out over time.

Fred kept me updated on the progress of the guitar and sent pictures as he was building it....without a doubt EXCELLENT customer service.

Thank you Fred Justice for the "little" things you do to make your guitars wonderful!

Dan Chambers

Post by Dan Chambers »

I had the same experience with Fred Justice when I bought my
ProLite. A fine Pedal Steel built by a fine man. I played D-10 guitars for years and when my Push Pull finally got to be too much to tote I couldn't have found a better man or a better guitar to take me to this phase of my steel playing life. The mechanics are impeccable, the tone brings goosebumps to my arms and comfort to my soul. Just like the first time I sat down behind one of these infernal machines. When Fred said " welcome to the Justice family" you can take that to the bank.......Welcome, nice lookin' horn!
Justice Pro Lite 3x5. Emmons D10 PP 8x5, Peavey Session & Nashville 400s,Martin D-28, Taylor 510, Eastman E20P, Weber Gallatin Mandolin, OMI D40 squareneck Dobro
Tim Russell

Post by Tim Russell »

That's quite a beautiful steel you have there - what is that "pearly" finish called?
Sierra Crown D-10
Jeff Triplett

Post by Jeff Triplett »

Hey Gary, Congratulations that is a great looking guitar. I just took delivery of a blue and white Pro Lite a week or two before you got yours. I agree with you, Fred builds incredible guitars and he treats each customer like you're the only one.

BTW: I was in a part time regional Southern Gospel for 26 years, had seen the Kingsmen many times. Never played together but came close a couple times. You guys were always my favorites.

Take care and enjoy that new steel.

Jeff T
Last edited by Jeff Triplett on 22 Jul 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show Pro Custom D-10, Justice D10 - Weldon Myrick Edition, Emmons D-10 LeGrande II, Emmons D10 P/P, Sho-Bud Pro II Custom, Telonics and Quilter Amps.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

very very nice, so many gorgeous new steel guitar lately, I love it, keep posting those pictures guys :D
Dick Hitchcock

Post by Dick Hitchcock »

A mighty "purty" guitar you have there Gary......Can't add to what the others said....Fred is the best. Care, Quality, and Service.....Welcome to "The Herd"! :D :D

Dick
Justice Pro Lite 4x5.... NV112.... Steel seat.
Chris Sattler

Post by Chris Sattler »

I've never owned a new guitar. I've always had hand-me-downs. If I ever wanted a new one then Justice would certainly be on the short list.

Enjoy Gary
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Fred builds some great guitars...And is the nicest guy!! ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Gary
That is a great looking guitar ! Fred is a great builder and a fine feller ! Congratulations on your new steel...I know you are going to enjoy it !
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

Fred is a great guy to deal with and very helpful building a custom guitar.
Dan Burnham

awesome

Post by Dan Burnham »

Gary
you look good behind a new steel.
Dan
BMI S12 Zane Beck's Tuning
www.danburnham.com
Paul Sattler

Hi Garry

Post by Paul Sattler »

Garry,

Congratulations on your new Justice, that's a beautiful PSG. I had never seen a Justice until recently when I saw one at the Brisbane (Australia) Pedal Steel Guitar Convention. A really lovely guitar. The guest of honour at Brisbane was none other than Jay Dee Maness - wow, what a wonderful player, and a lovely man.

By the way, your Carter says 'hi'!

best wishes from Australia

Paul
Chris Linck

Post by Chris Linck »

Just beautiful....I want one :mrgreen:

green with envy! Enjoy your new Guitar.
Duane Noom

Post by Duane Noom »

Hey Gary, I have the twin of yours coming in January. Can't wait!
Steel Drinking Coffee Player
Gary Mcquaig

Old Friends

Post by Gary Mcquaig »

Hi Gary

Have not seen or heard from you in years. I played steel for the Telestials back in the 70's when you were with the Kingsmen and learnt your ring finger pull tech on the 1st string . Love the pic's of your new Justice heard they were killer guitars. Hope you still have your D10 Emmons from back in the day. I just purchased a Emmons SD10 4&5 #003 Reissue from a private seller and it is awesome as well.
Just wanted to say hello and have thought of you over the years. Take care God Bless.

Gary Mcquaig

Post by Gary Mcquaig »

My bad its a S10 Emmons reissue.
J PARKER

Emmons

Post by J PARKER »

Gary very nice looking guitar man. Played on one like it last year and it had tone all over it. Man so many people was trying to buy that guitar. Good luck my friend.