Telonics Multi-Taper VP

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Sneed

Telonics Multi-Taper VP

Post by Danny Sneed »

Hi Everybody,
I've been playing the new Telonics Pedal for about a week. It's awesome! This pedal has nine different tapers to choose from. All you have to do is push a button to find the taper you like. This VP gives you the best signal and true tone that you will find. Do yourself a favor, if Telonics comes to a Steel Show near you check out their equipment. You can go to their website and check out the specs on this wonderful pedal.
Thanks for your time,
Danny
Daryl Thisdelle

Telonics Volume Pedal

Post by Daryl Thisdelle »

Danny I bought one also and it just sounds to my ears the best pedal I have used or tried. I can not say enough on how good this pedal is..
Daryl
Williams 700 Keyless SD 12 String Universal Lacguer Body Wood Neck Alumitone Pick Up GD Walker Stereo Steel Amp Preamp Combo With 2x15 inch JBL Speakers In Tuned Cabinets, Hilton Digital Sustain Pedal, Telonics Volume Pedal. Steel Seat With Back Rest And Swivel And Adjustable Legs. George L Cables. BJS Bar. Nookies Thumb Pick National Finger Picks. Jagwires Petterson Strobo Plus HD Tuner
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I am looking at replacing my pedal. Telonics is at the top of the list as well as the Hilton is. I have heard nothing but good about both of them. I will get a chance to try a Telonics next weekend so that should help me. I have friends who use both pedals and speak highly about both brands.
Danny Sneed

Post by Danny Sneed »

Hi Daryl, Thanks for taking time to respond. You're right, they're a wonderful pedal.

And Paul, You'll be happy with either pedal. Hilton makes a fine pedal.
Thanks,
Danny
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Danny, I was wondering if your Mother is still alive? I heard about your Father and Brother's passing. Your Father used to book a band I played in out of Portland, Oregon. That was in the early 1970's. The band stayed at your parents house in Twin Falls, Idaho everytime we passed through. Your Mother cooked for us, and treated us like her own kids. You had wonderful parents, and talented brothers. I don't remember the exact date, but I remember playing in Montana when your two brothers were playing in Misoula, Montana. Also had the pleasure of playing with a guitar playing firend of yours, Johnny Spaugh. Johnny and I played in a band together in the biggest club in Joblin, Missouri for over a year together, I think around 1979-1980.
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Paul King wrote:I am looking at replacing my pedal. Telonics is at the top of the list as well as the Hilton is. I have heard nothing but good about both of them. I will get a chance to try a Telonics next weekend so that should help me. I have friends who use both pedals and speak highly about both brands.
Paul... I’ve only had 3 different pedals... Sho~Bud, Goodrich L120, and the Telonics Multi Taper... I’ve been really happy with the Multi-Taper, I love having the ability to change the Taper’s between the various pedals out there... Gives you the ability to explore.
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Danny, thanks for calling today. Sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. My Mother died last year, so I know how that feels. Sorry I could not hear you very good on the phone. Had to pass the phone to Joy and have her translate. When you called I had been in a recording session for 7 solid hours. I had two Nashville 112 amps screaming E9th Ray Price shuffle songs all day. I had been recording with my old black 1971 Emmons push pull. The sound was so shrill and good, it could cut a man in half. Danny,wish you would come back to the Branson Steel Show with Fred Justice on July 25th. That is if you could stand to ride with Fred for 2,600 miles. Would love to visit and hear you pay steel.
Rick Anderson

Love the pedal

Post by Rick Anderson »

I've had mine for two months now and agree its got a lot of features. Worth saving up for!
2 Super Pro's- Derby 8x6- Power Slide- Baratone- NV1000 -2)NV400, Lexicon MPX1/MX200-
tc electronic G*Major2 - Digitect GSP 1101- -Dobro. MXR resonator CSPO 15 by Tom Bradshaw
Danny Sneed

Post by Danny Sneed »

Hello Keith,
There's nothing better than 2 guys that can't hear having a phone conversation.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Most moms are really special. I believe they get a free pass to heaven.
Glad to hear that you're doing a CD. If you get a chance put it on an 8 Track and send me one. I'll be able to listen to it while I'm driving to work.
Speaking of Fred, you are right, riding with Fred a lot of people would be in danger. I'd go Postal before we'd get to Globe. Seriously, I hope you and Fred and all the guys have a great time.
Danny