Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

jjjohnson

care to comment?

Post by jjjohnson »

test
jjjohnson

Post by jjjohnson »

take a look at ebay offering # 1427436272 and decide what you want to say to this guy for thanking us for our help.

Post by Guest »

Wow! Now that's one way to make friends and influence people. Do you think he's a Dale Carnegie graduate?
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

Really pretty set, tho.
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

Very respectfully, I have to agree with the gentleman. IF he did as he said he did, and truly believed it was a certain model, I think he had a right to be upset.

I have been on the receiving end of "typo" letters, and made simple mistakes and been sorely raked over the coals for it.

Some persons will try to pick pepper out of fly feces and make an occupation out of doing it.

I read the sellers whole write-up twice and I feel he is sincere. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was trying to fleece someone. In my heart I do NOT believe he was.

One thing I think all can agree on and that is this. That pre war Gibson combo is in one fine shape if the pics depict it at all like it really is.

And somebody gonna get themselves one nice package.

I wish I could afford it. I would buy it in a heart beat.

God bless you all,

carl
jjjohnson

Post by jjjohnson »

the difference between an eh-150 and an eh-100 is hardly "feces out of fly paper." I guess you must know this guy.
Mike D

Post by Mike D »

Did anybody who emailed him tell him the difference? I'm not really up on Gibson stuff but wouldn't a 150 have the Charlie Christian P/U? In any case he was a bit out of line but hey if he checked out the Gibson site why should he question it? There are certainly sellers who lie (I've emailed plenty of folks bidding on "Nationals" that obviously were not) but this guy printed a retraction and allowed bidders to cancel, what else should he do, slit his wrists?

I'm alot more upset that he lied and said the case and amp were "tweet" covered when it's obvious it's tweed, plus he said the speaker was both 9" and 10" in different parts of his description. I say we burn him at the stake! Image
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Life is too short to get upset over an honest mistake in an auction that ends in seven days.
I agree with Carl; it's a nice combo and should make somebody very happy.

------------------
Brad's Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars

mickd

Post by mickd »

I notice that the fingerboard is V-ended. My EH100 is square-ended, and Gruhn's doesn't say anything about EH100s ever having a V-end fingerboard.
Blake Hawkins

Post by Blake Hawkins »

JJ, Looks like a good fit for your collection. Go For It!! Image Image
Blake