PSG Giveaway #3, Whole Rig **PICS NOW**

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Mike Wilkerson

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Mickey has a heart bigger than the state of Texas I'm super stoked about seeing him in Tulsa in a couple weeks.. I am so proud to call him brother and what he's doing here just goes to show how genuine and pure this gentleman is. God bless you Mickey and we Love ya brother
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Niels Andrews

Post by Niels Andrews »

I wonder how many scammers will try to get it to flip it? I think such an action would call for banishment and a flogging? I hope Mickey finds someone whom is really deserving! I think it is really cool someone would enable Mickey to do this. A great tribute to someone who loved the Steel and passed on.
Die with Memories. Not Dreams.
Good Stuff like Zum S-12, Wolfe Resoport
MSA SS-12, Telonics Combo.
Daniel Seltzer

May I join in ?

Post by Daniel Seltzer »

Niels Andrews wrote:I wonder how many scammers will try to get it to flip it? I think such an action would call for banishment and a flogging? I hope Mickey finds someone whom is really deserving! I think it is really cool someone would enable Mickey to do this. A great tribute to someone who loved the Steel and passed on.
are we brothers ? I have been buying (mostly) and selling (rarely) 6 string guitars for over 30 years now.. I am brand new to steel guitar and am looking to put together my first rig.. I have been blessed beyond everything I could have deserved to have a great career and resources to do pretty much what I want at this time in my life..What I want to do most is give back, and to pay it forward

I lived in New Orleans until Katrina and was further blessed to be located in the pacific northwest for the past 10 years..While in NO I made it a yearly practice to ask my teacher to find a high school student who didn't have the funds to be able to afford a good jazz guitar, but who had talent that I could only dream of..He or she got one, anonymously, and I am proud to say, every one of them went on to do well in college as music majors.. I don't think any one of them ever sold the guitar I gave them

Since moving up here, I have continued to do that kind of thing, but as I don't have access to that many "starving artists" it has been on a much smaller scale..

May I share in your decency and goodness? Send me a PM and I will find a way to add to what you are doing.. Tell me what I can to to facilitate this wonderful idea and I will get you more resources to help make it happen

We haven't ever met, but I believe we are related somewhere. I would be proud to be your lost cousin....

Shal
dazed, confused, rode hard and put up wet
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Stellar Gentleman you are Mickey, very kind.
A.K.A Chappy.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

I wonder if anyone has been in touch with Del Ray or any of the other Sacred Steel players. There might be some good young players in the church who would be worthy candidates.
Chris Sattler

Post by Chris Sattler »

I don't know you Mickey Adams. But I think I know the kind of bloke you are. We have an expression in Australia which fits you but I don't know if it is common in USA.

We say here that you're the sort of bloke who will give you his A..hole and s..t through his ribs. That's a fairly big complement here mate. Well done my friend.

I will have to think about who to recommend for this gift but maybe I'd like to see it go to some young person who lives and breathes steel but is far too underprivileged to actually afford the gear. I don't have a name but I hope this can get others thinking along these lines. It is very likely there is no one that age so interested in steel.

All the best.

Chris
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

I am grateful to all of you for your comments and compliments....I am overwhelmed at the responses that have piled up in my inbox....SO MANY deserving candidates already. This will be a very difficult decision to make in the end...Thanks for following the thread, and participating.....I am proud to be a part of the forum, and to be friends with all of you...God Bless you all...Mick
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Tom Johnson

PSG Giveaway #3, Whole Rig

Post by Tom Johnson »

Paying it forward.

You,sir are a class act.
Dale Rottacker

Re: PSG Giveaway #3, Whole Rig

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Tom Johnson wrote:Paying it forward.

You,sir are a class act.
Here here!!! :D :) :D
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Randy Gilliam

Great.

Post by Randy Gilliam »

That's Great Mickey! :D :D
Dennis Martin

Give away

Post by Dennis Martin »

Hey Mickey.

This is a great thing you are doing. I have bought a steel or two from you in the past and they have been great. I also have subscribed to your YouTube channel and have been following for a couple of years. Thank you for giving back part of what you have been blessed with --and have worked hard at. You are a class act in my book.

Dennis
Mickey Adams

Update!

Post by Mickey Adams »

Tonight I spent about an hour reading emails....The count was through the roof..I am astonished at how many young people are wanting to, but are unable to take up steel guitar...Just amazing letters...Still waiting for the guitar, should be here within a week or so!!!...Keep em comin!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
George Buechley

Post by George Buechley »

Micky,
I think that is the main reason young people don't start playing pedal steel--the cost. This type of generosity is an incredible act of kindness.

George
Pre WWII Dobro, Sho~Bud Pro II Custom, Peavey Session 115, GFI Expo, Roland Cube XL80, Lil Izzy
Mickey Adams

U P D A T E !!!

Post by Mickey Adams »

AWESOME!!>....Just got the call, the guitar is on the way..
I want to give you all some background on the guitar itself...The gentleman that owned this guitar played steel for Hawkshaw Hawkins..His family has donated this guitar to me solely for the purpose of getting it in the hands of a deserving person..What an AWESOME thing to do...I am just overwhelmed emotionally by the outpouring of support from my friends here on the forum, and others from around the globe that have expressed an interest in being a part of this giveaway....Enjoy the reading here....I sure did...heres the link... :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
http://www.hillbilly-music.com/artists/ ... p?id=14403
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

BUMP TOP
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Set it up for Jim Lindsey, perhaps?
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Randy Stephens

Post by Randy Stephens »

Lane Gray wrote:Set it up for Jim Lindsey, perhaps?
I think that's a great idea, I read that thread and that would be awesome
American Deluxe butterscoth Tele, Martin D-15, Fender red knob Twin, Melbert lap steel and Baggett 4/3 pedal steel
Wayne Quinn

awesome.

Post by Wayne Quinn »

This does not surprise me with Mickey Adams.he has been a giver on this forum for as long as I have been a member here. he has helped me out different times over the phone even,.it seems like he is never to busy to help any one. it is a total pleasure to know him . ya gotta love him. . all the best in what ever you do Mickey . your friend here always : also god bless those other people who donate and help the less wealthy :)
D10 Carter, SD10 Mullen .Nashville 400,. peavey 112 Boss DD3., RV5,
Mike Wilkerson

Re: PSG Giveaway #3, Whole Rig **PICS NOW**

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

Mickey Adams wrote:I will be soon giving away another entire steel guitar rig. This will include, a D-10 8+5 standard height guitar, Peavey amp, pac-a-seat, cables, bar, picks, volume pedal, DD7 Delay, my book, and shipping will be included..
I am asking my forum member buddies to help me select the recipient. Please write me a detailed letter defining WHY and WHO I should give this to... I will consider
all submissions without discrimination... Please send these to
Jetdriver106@gmail.com
In the subject line.... PSG

Help me make a difference in someone's life.... :-)

Hey Mickey can I donate a cover for this beauty I have one that I would happily donate for your good cause
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Al Vesel

Great Give-Away !!

Post by Al Vesel »

Mickey deserves a great thank you from all of us.
If you don't have everything you need, give me a holler and if you don't have it, maybe I do, and I'll throw it in with the deal Mickey.

Good righteous thought and a newbie is going to be pleased. How we all wished we could have started on some real good equipment. My first guitar was a Fender 2000 D-10. It has 10 pedals and no knee levers, but I added 4 knee levers with airline cab le and some hardwood for the knee levers. It actually worked good for 20 years. Then I upgraded to a couple of bad all pulls that I wish to not name. Then I was fortunate enough to get a Pre-Mullen (pecan mica) D-10. Then I was what you called "satisfied" with my equipment. So this guy is getting a great guitar to start with. I'm sure he'll be happy. And all the other goodies that go with it.

So let me know if you're missing anything Mickey and I'll see what I have, ok?

TXS

God Bless you Mickey,

AL V.
Last edited by Al Vesel on 9 Jun 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Right on, Al...!!!
Gil Berry

Post by Gil Berry »

A really generous gesture, Mickey. I would suggest your lucky recipient be someone under the age of 15, or maybe an older person that does not have the ability to purchase a psg for him/herself. How about one of your youngest students that shows some promise? Gil
basilh

Post by basilh »

Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

This link is broken..
basilh

Post by basilh »

She's 14.5 years old..
https://www.facebook.com/basil.henrique ... =2&theater

She took her CGSE MU01 exam on steel guitar and got a 'perfect' score..That would be the General Certificate of Secondary Education..Mind you I can't see how "Memory" from Catz is a country and western number ?

I wonder how many girls took their school music exam on Pedal Steel Guitar, and got the highest possible score..?