Custom Cabinet w/JBL's - Let's try it again

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Skip Ellis

Custom Cabinet w/JBL's - Let's try it again

Post by Skip Ellis »

I guess you'd call this a 'semi pro' built cabinet since I haven't done it for a living in many years. I think I posted pics when I built it.

It measures 26x17x9 and is made of pine glued and nailed with blond Tolex and wheat grill cloth.There's a spot on the cloth where I almost got it a little too hot when I tightened it with the heat gun but you have to really look for it.

Speakers are (2) JBL MI10's that were pretty much unused when I got them - they were in an old Super Reverb that sat in the corner of the guy's living room and never used. They are 8 ohm speakers that are in parallel giving you 4 ohms as I built it to use with my G&K MB200 head which puts out it's full 200 watts into 4 ohms. I also tried it with an Acoustic Image Clarus III jazz amp and it sounded fine. I guess you could put them in series and get 16 ohms if you wanted to for some reason or wire them seperately and use them as two 8 ohm.

I built it to use in a surf band that never got off the ground - I think I've plugged it in one time here in the bedroom with the MB200 and it sounded good. I'm getting away from playing out as there's no place to play - around here if you don't play Jimmy Buffet tiki bar music or blues, you don't play. Don't think these people have ever heard of Waylon or Johnny Paycheck. Gonna work on my Chet and nylon string stuff.

Asking $285.00 I haven't weighed it but it's probably in the 35 pound range. I have a Fedex account so I get a bit of a discount which I always pass on. I'll split shipping and eat the PayPal.

Last edited by Skip Ellis on 4 Aug 2015 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Nice looking cab Skip. PM/email sent...
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

Let's try again bump!
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......