comments on new lap steel book?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Patrick Cullie

comments on new lap steel book?

Post by Patrick Cullie »

i just saw this book on ebay for sale that i've never seen before. It comes with a cassette and is published by
Cherokee Point Productions and is written and illustrated by Jim Calhoun. Has anyone seen it? Is it worth purchasing? Says E6, E7 and E minor tunings. Figured I'd pick it up and if no one has heard of it I'll post a note on whether or not it's worth buying.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

I haven't seen it and would appreciate a review. Thanks!

------------------
Brad's Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars

mickd

Post by mickd »

I've got this book.
Its 22 pages, of which 17 is tab exercises.
As the book intro says, its mostly aimed at beginners. It covers similar ground to the Arlen Roth video - i.e its blues/rock oriented but its all E tuning (doesnt have any G tuning section).
I'd recommend it for a guitarist who wanted to try out lap steel for the first time.
Mick
Patrick Cullie

Post by Patrick Cullie »

mick - thanks for the review. i'm bidding on one on ebay and i'll see if i get. if i do i'll post a review as well. brad - here's the URL if you want to check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1422240840

also brad, great job on your pages of steel. i've been many times and found bill chaviers there, tuning info and much more. keep it up.