Scam alert ! James Crowbear

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Patrick Laffrat

Scam alert ! James Crowbear

Post by Patrick Laffrat »

Paul Haaker

Post by Paul Haaker »

This is really sad. I bought a D10 zum from him and sent him the money and He did deliver the guitar to me so I can't say that anything was wrong. Later I spoke to Bruce Zumsteg and he said that someone from Hungary wrote him a letter and said that he sent Crowbear money to buy the same guitar and he obviously never delivered it because he had already sent it to me. I feel so lucky that he didn't do that to me. I didn't say anything because I felt it was the guy in Hungary's duty to warn people as I didn't know for sure what had happened. I'm rethinking that now but since other people have experienced the same thing, I feel I can talk about it. Last I heard he was in the Dominican Republic.

I will never buy anything else of value like that without having some type of escrow or Paypal even though they charge you, it's probably worth it. Since then I've heard other rumors about what he's done but obviously I don't know them to be factual. It's sad this kind of thing happens. :(
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

That's weird - he's been active on the forum for years.
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......
Bill L. Wilson

Say It Ain't So.

Post by Bill L. Wilson »

Sounds like somebody needs to be, "Took Out Behind the Barn".