Parts for a 1970s Fender-ShoBud

Post here if you're looking for something special
Walter Seaman

Parts for a 1970s Fender-ShoBud

Post by Walter Seaman »

Hi everyone,
I have a 1970s Fender-ShoBud E9 PSG 3 pedal, 4 knee lever, and I need a foot pedal and a bracket for it. If you know anyone who might have these please let me know.

My repair source, who goes by the email shobud, is out of commission for a while.

I have attached some pictures of what I want to find.

For the foot pedal I need a foot pedal which is like either of the two on the right of the photo showing 3 pedals. I need the kind where the head in 1.5", not the longer 2.5" head.

For the bracket, it is a bracket for the LKR knee lever, the bracket that holds that knee lever to the underside of the PSG.

I think the bracket I need is the bracket numbered 125-100-1 at this url but the seller has not responded to my inquiries:

http://www.psgparts.com/Bracket-Lever-K ... 25-100.htm

The bracket is about 2.5" long and the metal piece that hangs down from the chassis and to which the knee lever attaches, broke off recently.

If you know where I might be able to find these kinds of pedals or brackets, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!
Gary N Jones

Guitar parts

Post by Gary N Jones »

HI Walter
Might be able to make the brackets for you,can/t help with the pedal,PM me if you need help GARY :)
Walter Seaman

Gotter done!

Post by Walter Seaman »

I found a supplier who was able to ship the bracket I needed. You can see the old bracket and the new one into the photo below.

I got the part from Michael Yahl at his PSG Parts, LLC store on line:
http://www.psgparts.com/

The bracket arrived three days after I ordered it and I put it the psg last night.
I am happy to recommend PSG Parts as a supplier.

The bracket installation was the first time I had tried doing what seemed to me like a "major" repair on the steel and it took some work for sure. But I did gitter done and the Fender-ShoBud is up and running once again.

For the foot pedal I had which had with the shaftt too long I found a tool & dye/machinist who took a half inch off each end of the shaft, and smoothed it out. Now it's like the other pedals and works fine.

Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

Billy Knowles at Steel Guitar East made me a knee lever exactly like that. He may still have the pattern. 910 296 7428.
LeGrande II, Nash. 112, Harlow Dobro