2 guitars at low prices

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
jim flynn

2 guitars at low prices

Post by jim flynn »

I have 4 guitars (2 on this post) I want to sell all in great shape !
2 lone star P/P's one keyed, one keyless, one all pull 8 str.(jet 10 tuning (E/E6).

Elite P/P with pad. Padded & wheeled case, leg bag, tuning
wrenches 3 years old. $1795.00 + shipping conus.

8string 6 X 4 Jet 10 tuning (E9/E6) ? padded,wheeled case legbag and tuning wrench. All pull. If U-12 is frustrating you this is the cure. See Dan Burnham post on BMI's web site about this tuning. Priced too cheap. $1595.+shipping
jim flynn

2 guitars

Post by jim flynn »

TTT. I really can't believe that no one is considering
these guitars.
They are built well, save space(and backs) sound great and stay in tune. Many have commented" looks like the keyhead fell off!". Yea, a little out of the ordinary BUT, they
hardly ever break a string and the sustain in twice that other brands.
At this price, give a little more thought to it.
Jim
John Brabant

Post by John Brabant »

Hi Jim:

My thinking, in answer to your question as to why no one is posting any interest is that these guitars are as you say out of the ordinary and most of us have never heard of or seen such guitars. Unless I am mistaken, I believe one such P-P was in the lobby at the ISGC last September as I remember such an odd looking steel and my friend Jim Pitman said hey, that's a push pull.

I would suggest adding to your posts more information on each guitar, their date of manufacture, their quality of build, more detail on knee levers (I don't think you provided any info on how many knee levers the 10 string has), photos of the underside of the guitar, how long you have had each (did you buy it new?, are they still manufactured (link to the website), are they easy to work on and tune, can you still get parts. As for the odd keyless assembly, close up pics of it from a few angles so we can understand how it works would also be helpful. Just my 2 cents as these are all questions that come to mind. Lastly, provide us a sense of what the guitar's tone approximates, such as a P-P Emmons or a mellower Sho Bud tone, etc. I must say, I am intrigued to know more and I bet many others may be as well. Educate us!
John Brabant
1978 Emmons D-10 P-P
Phil Ajjarapu

Post by Phil Ajjarapu »

Jim makes these in Salado, TX. He's my steel mechanic of choice. I'm thinking about getting one of his 6 string 3x4, he let me borrow one for a SXSW a few years ago. It's got 95% of the changes I use, fit's in an overhead bin, and weighs 35 lbs in case. His fit and finish is good, and that particular steel reminded me of my MSA vintage XL. Also, sitting at such a light steel, I was worried that it might feel a little unstable like a carter starter, but it was very stable.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm3xw4g/lone-star-steel-guitar for his contact info
jim flynn

Thanks John and Phil

Post by jim flynn »

I really appreciate the comments. Although I gave up the web site a few years ago I still build a few guitars a year.
I built the push-pulls to see if they were compatable with my compact design and still had the tone. Turns out to be true in both cases. However thay are very labor intensive
and I'm running out of years so I decided to stay with the all pull system. All my guitars 6, 8, 10 strings come standard 3X4, some are 3X5 STANDARD.
Again thanks for your comments, and Phil I hope you have recovered from your accident.
Jim
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

I'm watching these, just not ready to buy. When I get closer to that, Jim, I'll be contacting you
about a six-string. The 'out of the ordinary' looks make sense with what has to be up top.

I gather the copedents can be changed by the buyer.
Do you still build guitars with a lacquer finish?
Those that say don't know; those that know don't say.--Buddy Emmons
jim flynn

charlie

Post by jim flynn »

Thanks Charlie, Yes whatever you desire in the way of copedents, I've done C-6, D & G dobro as well as my standard e-9. Yes, actually I prefer the natural wood finishes, and a little color is nice also.
Jim
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Charlie McDonald wrote:I'm watching these, just not ready to buy. When I get closer to that, Jim, I'll be contacting you
about a six-string. The 'out of the ordinary' looks make sense with what has to be up top.

I gather the copedents can be changed by the buyer.
Do you still build guitars with a lacquer finish?
i have a six string that i made a body for and jim installed all the mechanics. its about as nice and compact as you could want. jim is great to work with on a custom build! i highly recommend his 6 string model.
Joe Swierupski

Post by Joe Swierupski »

Jim, I'm considering the elite keyless, but would sure appreciate some more pictures before I make an offer. Honestly, I love the way it looks!

Are these relatively easy to work on and change copedents?
Henry Senior

Post by Henry Senior »

Hi, do you still have the Elite?
Jeffery Self

Post by Jeffery Self »

:idea: Any relation to Harold Flynn :?: Builder of the Flynn Steel Guitar
If it's a penny for your thoughts!!!
Why must everyone put in their two cents worth???

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)